Thursday, March 5, 2015

Repeating Elements: DLP Week 8


Week 8 of the Documented Life Project
February Theme Layers You Will Love!
February 21: week 8 Announced
Art Challenge:  Repeating Elements
Journal Prompt:  It's Worth Repeating

yes, I do love repeating images/colors in my work but I did not realize how much, until I did this exercise. And, I kind of had to force myself to start as it has been very busy, we've been sick with a virus and I am behind a bit on doing these challenges. . . . but when I did start, one thing led to another and I found myself just clicking along thinking about different ways to repeat what I was doing. I really enjoyed myself. 

I started with this leftover scrap of paper. After I had used this stencil in another project and it was covered with wet spray ink, I pressed it against the scrap paper instead of wasting the ink and then saved it. This was how I started my journal spread. 



Then look what happened! I used the stencil in different ways directly on my journal as well as covering the background area by spraying dyes or doing direct ink to paper. 



Then I started choosing individual parts of the stencil to add, in different areas. I used a gold or a white marker to add flowers one at a time. 





 It's Worth Repeating!!



Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

7 comments:

  1. Lenna your page is beautifully made with all the lovely flowers.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love those glorious colours and the stencil you used. And of course that sparkling gold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it girlfriend! It's perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous page blooming with colorful flowers-love this Lenna! Hope you're feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks brilliant, thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely pages. I hope you start feeling much better soon.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...