Monday, March 9, 2015

making marks: DLP week 10


Week 10 of the Documented Life Project

March Theme:
Making Your Mark (Doodles & Mark Making)
March 7th Art Challenge:  As A Layer Element
Journal Prompt:  Surviving the Elements

I began this weeks DLP prompt by finding and using a piece of paper I had made my marks on while visiting my good friend, Frieda Oxenham in Scotland last September. We spent one morning playing with her Gelli Plates and I saved all the pages I created even if they were just warm-ups. This bright green, orange and pink printed page seemed a good accompaniment to the 5 layer page from last week's prompt on the left.


A closer view:


Even though this Gelli plate printing is "marks on a page" as a layer, I wanted to do more actual "marks" with my hand. This is what I envisioned when I first read the prompt. I used a stencil to give me a basic shape outline, and then doodled inside the shape. 


Stencil removed: 


Then, I decided to add stamping . . . (I have a kitten, can you tell?)


The finished page:



That's how I feel, WOW! week 10!


Mark-making as a layer. As far as surviving the elements . . . no snow in Florida but this page represents to me getting through a bad cold/virus/fever and surviving!!!! 

                                        Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

6 comments:

  1. What a treat to see one of your Scottish pages in your journal. Love the way you added your marks and it's great to see lightning is striking on your pages even when he isn't physically present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job!!! thanks for sharing the progress of your page...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT Lenna - still trying to decide what I am going to do this week....well done...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting! always fun to see how you got to your results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you enhanced the stencil shape with your mark making Lenna. And "the end"- too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super page, perfect for the challenge this week :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...