Saturday, February 7, 2015

What Lies Beneath? Week 5

Week 5 of the Documented Life Project
The January Theme: The Blank Page and How to Face It!

Art Challenge for January 31: Under Paper
The Journal Prompt: What Lies Beneath?



I started with a piece of under paper I had saved, paper I had worked on top of previously:

This paper was not very inspiring, so I got out my spray inks and a flower stencil.
I sprayed enough ink in various colors so I could move it around. Note the drips! 
I liked the fact that using this messy under paper gave me the permission 
to play, even more that I usually do.


After I let it dry, I placed it in my journal and made a crease at the spine where I wanted it to lie, 
to make it easier to glue in. I used a glue stick, liberally.


Next I ripped out a Vogue magazine photo of a model in a "graffiti-print" dress -I'm not kidding! The subscription came for free (points on a credit card) and I decided to take it only because of the collage possibilities it offered. ;o)


I filled in the empty white spaces with ripped bits of my decorated under paper 
and found the "LennaLines" Quote stamp I had produced back in 2001.
Ever since I heard the prompt for the week was "what lies beneath" 
- this quote has been swirling around in my head. 



I also wrote the quote out with a permanent marker.




I also used a white Sakura Gelli Roll pen to scribble all over 
the pages and add depth to the model.
There are stitching lines too! 


The full spread is below -


I like the richness of this journal spread.
I also like that I have completed 5 weeks of this project -
Yee Ha! 



Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

5 comments:

  1. I too have been known to buy magazines with the sole goal of cutting it apart. Love this feisty woman and the graffity dress. She suits the page so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I too have bought magazines for their collaging potential!

    Your graffiti girl is perfect for these pages - wonderfully 'rich' is the word I'd use to describe them too. Fancy having the perfect quote already made into a stamp from your LennaLines quote stamps!

    Well done us for keeping up with DLP, go us!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree- this is rich. A nice combo of elements! I'm behind in the weekly prompts, but only by one week. Hope to remedy that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love how you have the right quote ready for the right piece of art! Your pages are always beautiful and so inspiring to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this spread with all of your own fingerprints throughout! *Smile* about the Lenna Lines stamps as I have those too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...