Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Layers: When not to stop - week 6 DLP

Week 6 of the Documented Life Project
A layered photoshop version I did for the week 6 theme:

February Theme Layers You Will Love! 
February 7 Art Challenge:  When Not To Stop
Journal Prompt:  "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough!" (Ooh)

For some reason I was a little "stuck" on this week's prompt. I typically do a lot of layers in my work, so I am not really sure why I felt stuck. Perhaps because I was busy and not really making time, or rather scheduling time for art. None the less, I made myself start! That trick always seems to work. 
I had been saving fruit and veggie labels/stickers and dove in by placing them in my journal in a pleasing pattern. Anything to get me going on this!



I also added a scrap of magazine page on the left. For my next layer I poured a bit of Orange Dye-na-flow paint on top of the stickers and magazine paper. 



With the wet paint swirling around, I closed and opened the journal. This made a Rorschach looking beetle in the middle that I kind of liked. I used a scrap of silk test material, leftover from a class I had taught that week and pounced the extra paint around to fill some of the white space. This spread had a minimal amount of layers but at the time I felt ready to stop. I had enough!! It wasn't until working on week 7 that I returned to this and added a few more layers . . . some close ups below. 





The finished spread . . . Not my most favorite journal spread, but as I said in my Polaroid Blipfoto journal"It's not my best work, but it is my art work and that is what is important - just doing it."


   yup. just do it! 
   Practice will perfect it, enjoy it in the meantime! 

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

3 comments:

  1. Good to see how this came to be. I do like the extra texture you added on and around the orange bug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fun and colorful page Lenna. I love how you use the fruit labels, and I have that square "screen" stamp too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some days the ideas just don't come - especially when arting time is scheduled! However, by diving in and doing it anyway you showed that the creativity will come anyway!

    Lovely pages, I really like how you used the fruit stickers :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...