Thursday, February 26, 2015

Going Undercover: Week 7 DLP


Week 7 of the Documented Life Project
February Theme: Layers You Will Love!
February 14: Art Challenge:  Cover Up Good Stuff 
Journal Prompt:  Going Undercover



I started with a scrap of silk fabric, leftover from the class I taught earlier in the month.
(it was orange from mopping up wet paint on my previous journal page!)


I added rubber stamping with VersaCraft ink & heat set it with my heat gun.
That way, when I added wet paint, it would not run. 




I used Dye-Na-Flow paint and this brush below, to add a complimentary color.


I love the swirly lines this brush makes!


I introduced a chartreuse green Dye-Na-Flow as well . . . 
and I decided to fringe the edge of the fabric by cutting it. 
Look on the right side of the page! 




Next came the hard part, to cover up some of what I had done.
I chose white acrylic paint and brushed it on over the paper and silk.



Then covered it up more - I added stamping!


I actually liked covering up what I originally did not want to cover. 
I added more layers by stamping more . . .



That was fun! 



Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

4 comments:

  1. I can almost feel just how much fun this was for you. Love the shape of the brush and will keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a leap of faith to cover up that good stuff, isn't it?! But wow, look at the results - wonderful!

    I can see how much fun you had with these pages, Lenna.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The brush is interesting and does make wonderful lines. Did you carve that starfish stamp? I like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome :) (ThingsBeautiful)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...