Saturday, January 24, 2015

Week 3 - Documented Life Project

❤ Here's my take on week 3 of the DLP art journaling challenge.

January Theme
The Blank Page and How to Face It!
January 17: Art Challenge: The Color Wheel
Journal Prompt: "I found I could say things with color and shapes 
that I couldn't say any other way . . . “ Georgia O’Keeffe

I made my own crazy color wheel . . . 
and sprinkled it with salt when I found the paint quite wet.
It made for some interesting patterns.


I started by writing about this week's challenge with  oil pastels.
I knew they would resist any paint I added later. 
I am borrowing materials from the abstract art class I am taking . . .
getting to know the materials better.


Below: after the salt was removed and the paint was spread to the other side of the page.


I wanted to be quite literal with the quote/prompt! I added shapes.




I struggled more this week as I was busier and not as excited about the prompt. 
But once I made myself jump in and start, I got some creative ideas that pleased me.
The fact that I was doing the prompt at all and sticking with my commitment
made me feel a whole lot better. 

Can't wait to see what is in store for week 4! 
The Original Documented Life Project. 

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. love how you created this page with all those great colors and shapes! Funny to come across your post -I had only a few min. ago sent you an email wondering if you were still arting. I now know that would be a YES! :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you both, Peggy & Linda! Yes, still doing some art, some photography daily . . . any little creative things!! xoxox

      Delete
  2. Love the sense of movement in your shapes and colour wheel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frieda, this prompt was hard for me!

      Delete
  3. Cool Lenna and love your experimenting - I hope to do a lot of that over the year with this project - may come to you for some tips! Really love the flow of your drawing on the right side. I hear you about the prompts - I definitely have to be in the mood for them....but I also think we can give ourselves permission to do something entirely different as long as we DO something LOL Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to use the prompts to experiment . . . I just had a harder time getting started with this one. I already have ideas fr week 4 so that is cool! You are absolutely right about just doing SOMETHING!! I think that is key. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Love your colourful pages! Your crazy colour wheel is wonderful :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support Jo, I think you are doing fabulous!!!

      Delete
  5. This is so vibrant, Lenna. And of course I love the "stitchery" look on the page. I've started my color page, but not yet complete. I have a hard time knowing when something is done. I'm also taking Lifebook 2015 and finding a wealth of knowledge there- so many techniques and new products. I love online classes and learning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy, I love to draw stitching lines . . . .
      Frieda is doing the Life Book project too - I am so glad you are squeezing that in. Sounds very good, i just have to limit myself!! Appreciate you stopping by & commenting!

      Delete
  6. This is such a joy and inspiration - it makes me smile to just to look at the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tristan, that is so kind of you to say! Time to get going on this weeks prompt!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...