Friday, October 24, 2014

Playing with paint in my journal

If I don't have an idea to get me started working in my art journal, then playing with paint is a sure fire way to get me to dive in.


Start by squeezing acrylic paint right on your journal page


I use various combs (example) made for moving paint and sometime I hand make my own.
Take a piece of cardboard or an old plastic card and cut the edges with notches.


I love the patterns and colors you can make


And it is fun and relaxing


I liked the paint patterns so much that I did not want to cover them up much


So I left it at that!


It was good just to play creatively and that is what my journal is for . . . 


It's filling up! 

This month I have been concentrating my efforts and time on a re-build (entirely new) of my creativelenna WEBSITE... The one that has been around since 1995 -yikes! 19 years. I am making good progress but it takes time and I want to be sure I get everything I want to keep from my old site, over to the new. I am building it on a squarespace platform which has been a great experience so far -highly recoommended. When I am done, the new website will have the same URL: www.creativelenna.com as I will be transferring the domain over to the new site. You will easily be able to find it and I will send an announcement out. But I do have another spread of pages to share here and will return soon! 

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

7 comments:

  1. You tone in beautifully with the paint colours. The textures are great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frieda . . . that photo of me had been printed and was on my desk, looking for a page to join into :)

      Delete
  2. Lenna so this explains why you've been MIA! Looking forward to seeing the revamped site (may inspire me to do some of my own remodeling). I'm going to do some serious art this weekend (finally) and love to get inspiration from you :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those painted pages-and I'm glad you didn't cover them up. That is a great photo of you dear Lenna:) Looking forward to your revamped site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like fun. Will await your new site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Playing with paint is fun and relaxing, isn't it? Enjoyed the post -- funny, I just posted about painting my journal pages too.Like minds!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...