Monday, September 29, 2014

simple sponging

I like using my art journal to play and experiment. I thought, why not sponge a background?


Again I used Dye-Na-Flow paint (very thin) and some spray dye in sunshine yellow. 
I wanted to add a photo of Frieda's very small lane to my journal. While there in Scotland, I marveled at just how narrow these little back roads lanes were! 


So peaceful, not much traffic . . . and very beautiful.
On the other side I kept things fairly plain and simply wrote a bit to accompany my photos.


What a wonderful Studio Frieda has! I felt so honored to be there. Chock-a-block full of interesting supplies and inspiring projects, handmade books and journals made by Frieda. She is showing me one of many here. 


I was in awe!! It was also a delight to find many pieces that I'd sent Frieda, still adorning the walls of her studio many years later . . . .  the stars are on things I sent her. And just look at her quilt awards!!! She recently won three more awards at the Scottish Quilt Championship. I'm so proud of her! 


 Love journaling about this . . . do you have a subject you are concentrating on in your art?

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

1 comment:

  1. I am thoroughly enjoying seeing your pages of your very special trip unfold. I love an art room that displays so many beautiful pieces of art; and those ribbons-wow!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...