Saturday, September 27, 2014

Scotland style Gelli Printing

On Sunday, September 21st Frieda and I spent time together in her messy painting shed.  Since it had been a while since I had done any Gelli Printing, I asked her for a Demo! Here's Frieda . ..




Frieda's printed papers -beautiful!


Then I tried the technique once again, using some very bright colors for fun . . . 





It's really so much fun because it can look messy and that's okay! Gelli printing seems to lend itself to lots of layering, I'll have to try doing some more. When I got back home to Florida, I used one of my Gelli print papers as a background for creating another page in my art journal, see below...




just so lovely.
I am really enjoying the time I am spending this week going through the many, many photos I took and then using paint and pastels and rubber stamps to pour those memories into my art journal. 

Thank you, Frieda!! xo 


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

10 comments:

  1. I am gonna try this one day! This is so FuN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You should try it Sue, it is a lot of fun and it's hard to go wrong!!

      Delete
  2. Oh what fun! To be able to have a friend that loves the same stuff We all love.A real friend to share and learn from.Sounds wonderful-beautiful papers too.Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise, I feel very fortunate to have a friend like Frieda!

      Delete
  3. Isn't Gelli printing fun? Like potato chips- you can't make just one. Your trip was one for a lifetime! So glad you had a grand time. You were there during the time the Scots voted on association with the UK, right? Historic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Nancy :) I found when I do Gelli Printing I need some time and space for things to dry! Yes - I was there with Frieda when she went in to vote. It was amazing! Thanks for your visit. :))

      Delete
  4. Fabulous colors!!! These are such fun! Happy to see you with Frieda!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Peggy. So lovely to hear from you!

      Delete
  5. Amazing Lenna - I can never get my Gelli prints to look as gorgeous but I know it takes practice. So happy you had such a wonderful time with Frieda my friend :)....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gelli printing with a special friend is such wonderful fun! Super journal page, happy memories for you <3

    xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...