Sunday, September 8, 2013

mail art love

I love sending & receiving mail art and have been hooked on doing this for quite some time. Mail Art is also the daily paper prompt #19 from Daisy Yellow! Create a piece of mail art and mail it to someone within 4 days.

I've done that a number of times recently and thought, why not share everything I created during August through the present time . . . well, except for one envelope which has been secretly sent! That will be shared later.


My most recent mail art was sent just last week to my brother-in-law's mother. I wanted to wish her well, as she had a brief hospital stay and was now home. She lives in Connecticut but often visits this area and really loves Florida. I like to use rubber stamps with permanent ink (StazOn) and then add a bit of color with a watercolor crayon. 

I am sure this cheered her!


Beautiful postage stamps help to decorate the envelope, or use funny ones depending on the intent! On the envelope below I used one of the Muscle Cars postage stamps because my NIA instructor Becky is also an actress staring in the play, "Becky's new Car".


Here I have liberally used my water color crayons! 
Inside is a copy of a photo I took of a special Nia class that Becky hosted, 
with additional art added. 



For an ARTchix Studio swap on a Flower theme, I wanted to add a little mail art to the envelope holding my ATCs I was sending to the hostess Nikki . . . . she works hard organizing these swaps for Helga Strauss and I hoped this would brighten her mail day.


Rubber stamps, watercolor crayon, faux post & a transparency image 
from ARTchix Studio




Lastly, I both received and sent special pieces of mail art for my son Decklin's wedding! His fiance' Tina is a graphic designer and designed their wedding invitation. They personally chose and affixed very special, old postage stamps for the invitation they sent us . . . 2 Florida stamps, a LOVE stamp, a ST Lawrence Seaway stamp for Steven's family cottage on Wolfe Island, Ontario - where they have visited, Exploring the Moon for our moon & stars theme . . . look!



The invitation return RSVP card below, the wedding is soon!



my reply & my mail art for them! 








I definitely believe that this is true . . . 


create some mail art today!



Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

5 comments:

  1. I would love to add your new address to my "mail art list" I love to send mail art and used to play in your swaps but you moved since then and I do not have your addy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love mail art! Thanks to you and Mail Art, I am a busy artist and have many art buddies around the world. Just wish I had more of those cute Mail Art stamps.
    Hugs.
    bb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lenna,

    Very cool! I do a bit of dressing up envelopes but nothing like this! I really like the little bird holding the envelope -- is that a stamp?

    I bet everyone that receives one of your envelops just loves it!

    Peace,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all Lenna - and especially your handwriting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Mail Art, Lenna. I ADORE the wedding invitation and envelope designed by Tina, and your reply and envelope is wonderful. Happy days :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...