Sunday, August 11, 2013

mail art exchange

The most recent theme for our mail art exchange group: we heart mail art was, "summer picnic." It was just me & Jewels this time as Joanna could not join us . . . but all three of us will be exchanging next time. While you are looking at our mail art below you might want to have a listen to this . . .


http://youtu.be/a7L65em0d88 - The 5th Dimension
"Stoned Soul Picnic" -give it a play-
(Jewels referred to this song when she sent her art and I could not help but look it up!)
First I'll share what I came up with. It was rather silly, but it fit the theme and I had fun doing it. Jewels and her new dog Mr. Darcy, enjoyed it as well. She wrote a note, or I should say, MR DARCY wrote a note after receiving and I must quote, it made me smile so much. (note: Lenna PIE was my Nonie's pet name for me!)

Dear Ms Pie - Mum told me to tell you how thrilled we are with your invite. 
She was doing a lot of oohing and ah-hing opening up your lovely mail art when we got home. I have to say I am a handsome dude if I do say so myself (and your young ladies aren't bad looking either). She said to tell you she loves the old photo and your art work inside (those sandwiches look yummy to me). Maybe she can sneak me on a plane ride down your way. Say hello to Miss Chloe and Miss Asia for me - some day we will be properly introduced. 
Mr. Darcy



I know jewels loves vintage so that's why I picked the photo of the 2 women for the front of the card. I used a cupcake liner as the background, simply because of the checks!


I did a little rubber stamping with some very old rubber stamps and used photos of all our dogs,
who would of course want to go on a summer picnic with us! 
My envelope was addressed to both Mr. Darcy & Jewels and looked like this:


Off it went in the mail and at the same time, Jewels posted hers to me.
It was such fun to receive in my mail box!

Jewels Welsh


Jewels Welsh



I really love how Jewels manipulated the photo of her dad's garden for the background of her card, the beautiful, "psychedelic" green and pink behind the picnicking woman. ooh la la! It really goes with the song from the 5th Dimension. That reminds me of their song, "up, up and away in my beautiful balloon". I so loved that song! 

Now I am going to go take a look at jewels blog, where I know she has written a similar post.  I did not want to peek . . . wanted to see how similar or differently we wrote afterwards! 
I will come back and link directly to it after I do : ) Here:
It is fabulous! Jewels explains how she did her background.
And we both posted the same song!! : )

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

9 comments:

  1. Wahoo - how funny we both grabbed the same clip (more dignified then some of the others I saw)....lots of fun - off to figure out Glue Book theme...J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the song to hear while viewing! What summer fun! The cupcake wrapper was so picnicky (new word). Loved the whole theme! It is so fun to see the different artistic interpretations! And the song was of course a walk down a happy memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lenna. I can tell this was such fun. Love the song and the different mail art from both of you. Thanks for posting. Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved listening and looking at the same time. Great stuff! Absolutely delightful. xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
  5. test test test I just typed several paragraphs and was lost!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow!!! Im being tormented by this process. I typed you a a looong paragraph. ...only to have it erased....a novices night mare. Then had to create a gmail acct THEN had to create a blog account. Im throwing in the towel....more like using the towel to dry my eyes. Ill try it one more time. You on the hand Lenna are a computer master wiz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi artful girl, did not have an email for you but wanted you to know that my comments are moderated!! So I have to approve before yo will see it. Sorry for your frustration . . . please write again when you can! Lenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings from a far far star galaxy...Gateway to Yosemite!!! You are in Florida? I was stationed in Tampa/Clearwater for 9 years. Fun Times. We had people that commuted from Bradenton. I think my tanning days are over tho. My new life chapter is called Save the Skin!!! Now, Im on the west coast. Who knew there really is something called a "dry heat".

    I enjoy your site specially mail art exchange. OFFER: I am good for one round of an exchange with you gurls. Can I jump rope too? crooked letter crooked letter I, hump back hump back I. Remember that from child hood days? LOL.
    Im working on a handmade collage/upcycle postcard: Entitled: "Letting Go" IT IS TO DIE FOR!!! If ever you do a category for upcycle/collage, etc or a open category deal me in!!! Would like to tweak the exchange slightly: I can mail all you 3 and you 3 mail me. Im good for it. I think they call that a 3some. Roll on the floor LMAO. ROFLMAO. Perfect situation for this: Tiny group and Im doing several at a time. Heres my email if ANYONE wants to correspond: CosmicBotCatGirl@yahoo.

    Has anyone ever told you that you resemble Susan Sarandon? You do! And oddly enuff your husband resembles that actor that acted with Susan...whats his name? Oh darn. Im off lovely people. Its a hot one today and this dry heat has me huffing. Yikes.

    Happy motoring, Happy picnic, TooTles. Universe Hugs to all, Kit

    ReplyDelete
  9. No lenna....this was erased. Im sure of it. Gonezo. I hit the wrong KEY and ZAP.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...