Friday, July 19, 2013

Six-word story mail art!


For the past few months I have been doing a little bit of mail art with of couple of good online art buddies, Jewels Welsh and Jo Urbani. It has been great for me! Doing these exchanges really helped me to dive back into an art form I love. Plus it has been wonderful to have created our own tiny, closed facebook group for discussion which also meant more time to chat with each other. For our last exchange Jewels came up with a six-word story idea. The postcard we make was to be based on a six-word story we created. It was kind of hard for me to come up with an idea at first. In the end I just let myself be inspired by what was going on in my world . . . .

"Swallowtail Caterpillars are on my Parsely" was my six word story . . . and they were not just ON my parsley, they were really EATING my parsley!! I had never seen such unusually striped caterpillars.





I used photographs I had taken of these most unusual caterpillars, which I discovered through Google were Black Swallowtail Caterpillars. I later had the joy of seeing these caterpillars return to my parsley as butterflies! See how much of it they ate??


Anyway . . . enough about my entry - let me share Jewels and Jo's  . . . 

Jewel's six word story was
She thought it would be different 
Jewels cleverly did hers on the back of a vintage recycled Happy Anniversary card!
Jo and I both celebrated anniversaries when we received so it was very appropriate!


And Jo's six word story was
He began to feel rather odd
I love this and the fact that our stories were similar but different . . . just like in real life!
I am so glad to have had the opportunity to share mail art and life with Jo & Jewels. 
Coming up, Jo is taking a break - but Jewels and I will work on a summer theme that we should wrap up and share with you in a couple weeks! Until then, don't forget to have a little fun.
Add some ART to your Mail! 




Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

7 comments:

  1. Yayeee i'm commenting LOL....I was just going to say it turned out to be a fun theme for me - and I so love what both you and Jo came up with...looking forward to our next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaayee! It was that pesky bloglovin' bar at the top . .. I am glad closing it with the X allowed you to post, jewels! Thanks... xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun this exchange was. Great results. Imagine both having the butterfly concept in your art. Too bad you had to sacrifice your parsley to the cause!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the six word idea for your exchange-all the projects are fabulous!! You really have a great collection of mail art stamps Lenna! I've only seen one or two of those caterpillars but I'll def. start checking the garden and parsley more closely now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a brilliant swap to take part in with you and Jewels. I love that your caterpillars returned as beautiful butterflies.

    I'll only be taking a short break from our swaps, just until I can properly get into my 'studio' and then I'll be raring to go again.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to hear that Jo - and I definitely understand! xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...