Friday, May 17, 2013

trying something new


I'm trying something new! At first I fooled around with this blog, using a dynamic view template instead of a simple one and I also updated my "About" page. If you are reading this via a feed you can see those changes HERE. Now, these were good changes I think, but I found I was still uninspired to write a post even though I had things to share . . . huh? What's up with that?

I started this blog at the end of 2006 so I've used it for quite some time. Maybe I was hungry for a new start? I was not planning on making a change, but serendipitously yesterday when I saw a link on the blipfoto blog for a tumblr blog called humans of new york by photographer Brandon Stanton . . . something happened. I really liked his photographs and the quotes he got from his subjects. Then I saw a "follow" button on his blog. When I pressed it I was brought to tumblr.com where I created an account so I could follow his photos. After that I was curious, knowing nothing about tumblr. I started to explore the site and 24 hours later, I have this:


The address for this new blog of mine is: http://creativelenna.tumblr.com/

Please check it out and tell me what you think!
I am going to try posting there for now and see how it goes . . . . .

Something different, a new format for me. I have certainly enjoyed setting it up already! I love that kind of computer design work as it is a different kind of creative work. There is a spot where you can ask me a question (it opens a new page) and there is also a link on the right to an "about page". I'll add more pages too. You can view other tumblr posts that I have liked on the right and also see who I am following there. Lots of art & photography blogs, right up my alley and mostly short bits to devour. For some reason the tumblr format is relatively new to me. i had  heard of it but do not remember coming across it much before. If you have a blog there or know of any I might enjoy, please let me know. I have added a place for comments on my posts as well. 

Thanks! 
 xo lenna 

8 comments:

  1. Its one of those things that take getting used to. I also know the one site I followed I had to move to Google Chrome to be able to open it. Here it is - I just love the pictures here:
    http://edwardianera.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you jewels, i really liked that site you shared with me! Let me know if you receive this reply or it simply answers on my blog . . .

      Delete
  2. Lena - what fun! Love your new Tumblr blog ... my daughter told me about Tumblr (the teen crowd adores it), and I am finding that quite a few creative/designer folks are embracing it too! My Tumblr blog -- which I use more like a visual mini-blog of graphic inspiration -- is here: http://elanworld.tumblr.com

    So glad you posted this ... high fives and look forward to seeing you on Tumblr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, thanks so much for letting me know elanworld was YOU!!!!!!! It is a gorgeous tumblr blog and an inspiration to me.

      Delete
  3. I've joined Tumble to follow you there! Love the dancing outfits. More next week, I'm so tired I could cry, and jury duty awaits me next week! xox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for doing this when you are so busy Frieda -- You must be really tired. Hopefully the jury Duty will not require all of your attention! xoxox

      Delete
  4. Hi dear Lenna! I joined and am following you on Tumblr but haven't a clue about what I'm doing. It appears there's nowhere to lv a comment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Linda, Thanks so much for joining tumbler so you could follow me! You should see a small line at the bottom of each post that has a little speech bubble and something like this:
      • 0 Comments and 0 Reactions
      -- You have to click on "0 comments and 0 reactions" and then the blog opens to another page with just that post, a small B&W photo of me and a white space that says: Leave a Message . . . . what is really nice is that with your email registered, we can reply back and forth in the comments if we wish, it seems much easier. The set-up is different and takes a little getting used to, but I think I like it!!!!!!! Thanks. Let me know if you can’t find the comment section. I so appreciate your support! xoxox

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...