Sunday, April 21, 2013

wonderful swap returns . . . .

I thought I would share the really wonderful swap returns I recently received, for your enjoyment! I'm doing a mail art swap on a monthly basis with Jo Urbani and Jewels Welsh, plus I signed up for the ARTchix Studio Blue ATC swap. That was so fun to do - see my ATCs here. Yesterday I received an Awesome BLUE package from Nikki Smith, the swap hostess. Inside were really some first rate ATCs plus extra goodies from Helga, the owner of ARTchix Studio and Nikki -wow!



A huge thanks to the creators of the ATCs I received, such beautiful art. I can't wait to decorate my studio! I was so super psyched to receive one of Helga's ATCs and one of Nikki's too -wow! 

THANK YOU!

For the mail art, our theme last month was The Language of Flowers. I love how this phrase sounds and in fact have now ordered a book on the subject via a recommendation from my friend Frieda Oxenham. I shared my own mail art here earlier based on the theme the language of the orange blossom, find it here if you missed it. I used photos of my very first Orange Tree that is growing in our yard . . . which now has lots of little green Hamlin oranges growing on it and more blossoms are forming at the same time! But even more fun I think than creating my own mail art was receiving mail art from Joanna & Jewels. 


Jo created the sweetest postcard and envelope using Daisies





Jewels picked the French Willow and a corresponding quote that I really like . . .


You can read more about the techniques she used to create her postcard HErE. Below I did a collage in Photoshop to show you the back of her envelope with the front below on the left and the postcard and the back of it on the right . . .



I hope you enjoy! I also received an incredible package from my dear friend and talented artist, Sharon Borsavage the other day. It included a gorgeous necklace I ordered but also my book from our altered book exchange that we alternated working in... it is really something! I want to add a wee bit more to the book as there are a few blank pages left and then I will share it with you. Thanks for your patience as I wind my way back into my art life. xo lenna


Who so loves believes the impossible.
  ~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely collection of treats in your mail. That's what I miss about not swapping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun, Lenna, and you are working with such talented people. You must be over the moon every time you receive an envelope. What a collection you will have in the end. Enjoy the moment. xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ATCs Lenna! thanks for sharing our Mail Art - you did some cool things digitizing them LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a lot of lovelies you've been receiving! The ATC's are wonderful - it's a long time since I made an ATC and I quite fancy having a play with making some.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a wonderful collection of swap art Lenna! I can tell it has really inspired and stirred the creative energy again! Love your digitalized pics too :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...