Monday, April 22, 2013

Decorating with Art :)

I wanted to hang my recent returns from the ARTchix Studio Blue ATC swap so I could enjoy them a lot more. I thought you might like to see what I came up with . . .

The little stars are courtesy of editing the photo in PicMonkey . . . 
It's a free photo editing program I love & use all the time. You might enjoy it!


I attached the ATCs I received together with blue washi tape on the back.


I had six ATCs that I put together into one strand . . .

To see them all in more detail with credits, please go here.


Then I wrapped the tape around the piece of yarn I use to display art in my studio!
I like how the ATC display came out and I think it goes well with the rest!

On the bottom left is a beeswax collage I received the other day from my dear friend and talented artist, Sharon Borsavage. The package included a gorgeous necklace I ordered (that Sharon made) and my book from our altered book exchange . . . I wanted to hang her collage up right away.




I so love this piece Sharon made for me.
Our altered books were based on the themes of birds and nature!
* It is perfect *


Thank you sweet, talented Sharon!


I had my husband take a couple of photos of me wearing the necklace Sharon made...

Steven gave me the short necklace and Sharon made the gorgeous longer one. 
She calls it Messages. It's made of copper, freshwater pearls and a coral piece.
No wonder I fell in love with this piece! Sharon describes it like this... 
"I feel a true connection with nature with this piece, very serene, organic, and peaceful."
~ see more of Sharon's art-ful jewelry HERE ~


What a great way to decorate with art!!
Hope you have fun doing the same - put up some ATCs or a postcard
and EnJOY!! 



Risk the truth with those you love and give them the gift you would want yourself.
    ~ Unknown





9 comments:

  1. Wow Lenna you've given me a TON of ideas lol...love your "inspiration" wall. J

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thanks for your lovely comment today :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wall is looking great and you are looking super! Thank you for honoring your space with my art, you are such a continued inspiration in my life and a driving force sweet friend! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wall is looking terrific. It is a beautiful way to enjoy all the lovely pieces of art we receive - just to look at them every day brings us joy. I hang mind on a line I have strung up between two bookcases - it's forever changing and I adore it. Your 'blue' collection of ATC's looks wonderful amongst your growing collection. Thanks for visiting my blog - always love seeing your comments there. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever to use the Washi tape this way. The wall is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful, colourful and inspiring artwall you have created!

    Sharon's artwork and jewelry is stunning.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having gorgeous art up in your studio is so inspirational, I've always found. Like having your own little gallery. the necklace is beautiful and I love your new portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your displayed art looks so wonderful and I can see what an inspiration and happy feeling it emits! You and Sharon's necklaces and collage are beautiful-you are def. radiating joy my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE how you've displayed the Blue ATC's and I'm so pleased and honored that one of mine is there on your art wall! I'm so inspired by your art and this fab blog -- your new studio space is wonder-FULL (and I smiled seeing your gelli plate waiting to be played with ... I have one sitting here too for a few weeks that I promised myself I'd break out after tidying up! :-) Such a cool necklace and book you posted from Sharon. Many thanks for all the art smiles you share here!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...