Thursday, April 11, 2013

ARTchix Blue ATCs


I had the pleasure of participating in the ARTchix Studio Blue ATC swap. I was really happy to see Helga announce this swap as I knew very well that a deadline would nudge me to create (and it did!) Of course time got away from me and everything was sent in on the last possible (deadline) day . . . but on the positive side, I did accomplish making them. The idea was simple: Make 6 Artist Trading Cards using the color blue and use an ARTchix Studio item on each ATC. 

I used ARtchix ART blast playing cards as a base, the ones with birds printed on them.


I started with watercolor crayons around the edges in shades of blue.


Then wet the crayon marks (watercolor) and spread the color around . . . 


I added sayings from various ARTchix word collage sheets and gave all the birds crowns


and I added bits of Transparencies from ARTchix Studio -see the blue edges:


I glued on beads and added a bit of glitter . . .




The backs belong to the playing cards . . . 


 All six of my ATCs scanned . . . 

They are a bit different, not perfect and pretty, but they are interesting, unusual, blue, filled with birds and creativity and ARTchixStudio and fun and experimenting . . . just what I needed! 

Thank you Helga and also to our hostess Nikki for organizing - so appreciate it!!

~

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.
  ~ Anais Nin




9 comments:

  1. Oh they're awesome Lenna! Lucky swappers!

    Hugs, Gunvor

    ReplyDelete
  2. they turned out so beautifully Lenna!!! Sadly I missed this swap-I now have a note on my PC to remind me to check in more often with Helga :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenna! I am in love with each and every one. I think they are absolutely beautiful. I'll bet you had so much fun putting them together! How clever to put them on Art Chix playing cards. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you making ATCs again, specially such gorgeous ones and so appropriate too considering how many lovely birds appear on your photographs. I was tempted by this swap but I have forbidden myself to sign up to anything just now. Too much on already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab ATCs! Wonderful blues and super images. It's so good to see you getting painty again :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just want to say thank you to all my sweet friends for your love & encouragement. It means a lot to me! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh they definitely are creative! I looked and looked to see all there was to see. That is good art, when one lingers to experience it! Yay!
    And one says..."how did they do that!"
    Beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHHHH Lenna , they are beautiful , love them all!!
    Big hug from ♥RINI♥ your friend from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your cards! tx for sharing and inspiring me with your beautiful artwork! aloha, angi in hana

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...