Wednesday, June 27, 2012

NEW SWAP Announced! (Tropical Storm gone)

I have just announced my new Creative Swap and encourage you to take a look. It is going to be inducing a lot of creativity, I think! You must go read this post for all the details on our 3 for 3 Prayer Flag swap.
I really enjoyed making my first prayer flag. If you did not see my previous post about this, you might want to click on that link. To see a wealth of prayer flags, individually shown and also hung together beautifully, check out the flickr pool of photos on the prayer flag project group. Amazing!!
We have been dealing with Tropical Storm Debby since early last weekend, but today the sun is shining and the high winds have stopped, phew. We fared very well compared to those who lost power or have had flooding. I am very grateful we were affected in a fairly small way. Many are coping with the aftermath in a pretty difficult way, but for me the aftermath consists of picking up lots fallen branches and sticks in the back yard. The Sunshine Skyway Bridge over Tampa Bay has been re-opened after 3 days of being closed because of high winds (up to 62 mph). This is unheard of, the length of the time the bridge was closed! Our boat Chelsea, which hangs on davits at my mother's dock on the bayou was in danger of sinking at one point. The rain was coming down so hard and fast that Steven had to siphon the water out of her and raise the boat up higher on the davits. The top of the dock was under water for a bit, but mom's house is up and away from there and she was safe. The past 2 days I've found breaks in the rain to walk the neighborhood with Asia & Chloe. We were going a little stir-crazy, not wanting to drive anywhere and run into any flooded roads-plus it was often still raining hard. We saw that the Manatee River, very near where we live near looked okay, but there were lots of downed branches, leaves and fruit from the trees. I decided it was raining mangoes! 



Happiness is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it.
  ~ Anonymous



5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're ok - that storm sounds pretty dramatic! Asia and Chloe look so cute on their tandem lead.

    I'll pop over to Creative Swaps now......

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you must be glad to see the back of Debby! What an upheaval and good that Steven managed to save the boat from disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lenna, oh looks terribly, I`m glad you was not heavily effected, and that you saved the wonderful boat.
    So many things to be thankful for !
    Hugs from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your kind words. We are doing well. Brother-in-law and one nephew are here, my sister and the other nephew arrive monday -staggered because of the boys responsibilities this summer. The sun is shining & they are planning on going sailing! The storm has passed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have been terrified. I would have been. So happy everything is ok. Just had a prayer flag swap - so wonderful and so inspiring. If I was feeling better I would join yours too. Have fun. xoDonna

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...