Saturday, June 2, 2012

comments

Just a note with this new layout for my blog about comments. A friend wrote me and said, "I tried to leave a comment but nothing happened when I clicked on  “comment” (i.e. no place came up for me to enter text)" 
She thought it might be on her end but I think it is really a quirk of the layout. When you click "Add comment" or "View comments" it does look like nothing has happened. But if you look closely, you'll see the scroll bar on the right side has changed. If you scroll down you should now see the comment box below! At least this has been my experience. Remember when on the Home page, you need to click on the post to read the whole article and comment.

I tried to switch it to a separate pop-up box in the settings, but I don't think that works with this layout. I have already gotten some comments, so I think it is working . . . I may have to add a note at the end of each post for this as a reminder. Thank you for telling me about your experience!
xo lenna

Good friends are like stars. You may not be able to see them, but you know they're always there.
 ~ unknown

6 comments:

  1. AHA! It works (duh) Thanks for the directions for those who are obviously comment challenged...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh jewels, not duh! I went through the same thing the first time I tried to comment on my own post. Glad it worked for you, I would not want to miss your comments! xo

      Delete
  2. I'm commenting directly from the e-mail update and that's completely without problems. Your new blog view will be one of the first things I hope to look at after we (hopefully!!) get our broadband connection by the end of next week. Fingers (and almost everything else) crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that is really good to know that works perfectly well and you can reply through the email subscription. thanks, Frieda -and oh how exciting you are scheduled to get broadband after all these years of dial-up! whoo hoo! xo

      Delete
  3. It came up with a very clear comment box for me, so no worries for some of us! Thanks for all your lovely posts ~ Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for letting me know, Kathy - I appreciate it!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...