Thursday, June 21, 2012

carving a bracket stamp

I am taking an online course with Julie Balzer called Stamp Carving 101. I am really enjoying being her student and especially enjoying that I am taking the class at the same time as my friend Linda Kunsman. We are making tags for each other with all the stamps we carve and we'll send a nice fat package to one another when we finish the lessons -whoop!

Lesson 5 was carving a bracket stamp:
Using a pencil to transfer a ink jet printed design -
Adding more details with a permanent marker

Starting to carve away the excess . . 

more carving
cutting off some of the extra

test printing

more carving needed!

looking better! 

one tag for Linda, one for me!

this has been great fun and I still have a few lessons left!
You can join in anytime - Stamp Carving 101.
Here is Linda's bracket frame -check it out, it is wonderful. She is very talented.

If you are reading on the blog and want to leave or view a comment, 
click on "Add a comment" or "View Comments" below
then SCROLL DOWN using the grey bar on the right side of the page. ; 0) 


It's not the men in my life that count, it's the life in my men.
  ~ Mae West

(ha! these quotes are picked randomly, really!)




2 comments:

  1. Love the frame you've created and the quotation about swimming out to your ship seems so appropriate for where you are and the work Steven does on boats. Must remember that one! I see Julie has a DVD coming out about carving so must look out for that one. It all looks a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words Lenna. Great tags!! I'm going to love reading thru all the quotes as much as seeing the beautiful art and carvings!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...