Monday, May 21, 2012

stamp carving 101

I am taking an online course with Julie Balzer, Stamp Carving 101. I have hand carved my own stamps before, but not for a really long time. So this class really interested me because I especially wanted Julie's 'take' on the how-to's and any hints and tips. The first lesson was basic as it should be and a very needed refresher for me on how to hold the tools, etc. the best part? I carved my first stamp with Julie, a heart!

we used speedy carve, which I think is great! 

Her lessons include very good videos 
and details online in a blog format.

There is my little heart, stamped plain on the card (right)
and embossed in the journal. 

I started my new art journal which I have been
majorly procrastinating about!

I also did some tags . . . 
one for me and one for Linda Kunsman, whom I am taking the course with!

I added black paint just to see, what it would look like.



and here is my journal entry with my carved heart . . . 

I am looking forward to doing lesson 2!


The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.  ~ Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes

(This is pretty funny that the Bill Watterson quote came up randomly . . . my 2 sons used to carve stamps with me and what would they carve? Calvin & Hobbes!)


4 comments:

  1. It was refreshing to see that somone else suffers with the same thing as me 'Procrastination'I have been planning to make my own art journal from scratch for ages. Your stamp and journal page has come out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my tag Lenna, and your heart!! I'm acually ready fro lesson three but I need to catch up on making our tgas first. As soon as I get my tags done I'll post them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I long to do such classes myself! But for the moment I will have to content myself with looking at your lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well the hearts might be, as you say, basic - but they're gorgeous. Just shows how effective they can look when you see them on the tags and in your lovely new journal.

    Looking forward to seeing what you make next........

    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...