Sunday, May 13, 2012

family time on the bayou

My sister Kathy is visiting from Connecticut, whoo hoo!
We took a walk together at DeSoto Memorial this morning with Asia and Chloe.




Later when Steven got back home from making kayak paddles we went over to my mom's house and took kathy & my mom out in our little boat Chelsea for a cocktail cruise on the bayou. Because the boat is handmade and looks like the African Queen - a gem among all the usual motorboats, we get lots of people waving to us from shore, so fun! It is a slow and peaceful ride with a briggs & stratton lawn mower engine powering us along, putt-putt-putt!


(http://www.flickr.com//photos/creativelenna/sets/72157629701222468/show/)

happy mother's day to all the mom's out there . . . .
and all of you who "mother others" like pets and friends!



Trust you own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else's.
  ~ Billy Wilder

6 comments:

  1. Charming and looks like such fun.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL photos, I really felt like I was putt-putt-putting along with you (wish I had been!!).

    Loving the 'mother others' mention :o)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely for your mum to have both of you there for her special day. My mother had to be content with my phone call. Strangely in the Netherlands Muthering Sunday is the same date as in the US (today!) but here in the U.K. it falls in March. Fortunately I had remembered to buy her card at that time!
    And as a pet mother only I do so appreciate your best wishes!
    Of course I wish you a special day too. Hope it's a very happy one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lenna, such wonderful photoes,-you have had a beautiful day with sister and mother.
    I hope this day is ending as lovely as it started-
    Hugs ,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. and a Happy Mother's Day to you Lenna! Aah the African Queen boat-what glorious fun! (and a GREAT movie to boot!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful blog! And what a sweet surprise to see the Summer of Color button here, thank you!
    I really appreciate your comments about the baby journal (I love Joanna!) and so look forward to seeing more of your work, Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...