Tuesday, April 3, 2012

bead swap necklace

Okay. So I hosted a bead swap, rolled paper and fabric beads on creative swaps. I don't know what I was expecting, but I was really amazed at what my participants sent in . . . totally awesome hand made beads! This swap is a little different in that it has 2 parts. After everyone receives their swapped beads, I have encouraged them to create something with what they receive. Then, take a photo or scan their creation, upload it to their blog, website or photo site and share the direct link on creative swaps so we can all be inspired. ; ^ ) Now I'll share what I created because I participated too!


Below are all the beads I received in the swap and a few extras as gifts.
Thank you! Click on the photo for more details.


My own extra beads are on the left with the swapped beads on the right.
I am starting to design a necklace.




look closely if you were a participant, you should find one of your beads! 


The beads come from all over the USA, and also from Germany, Netherlands and Ireland.





Thank you to all my participants!
My necklace has at least one bead from each of you ; )))
The earrings I'm wearing are paper beads made by my friend Sharon Borsavage
who was also a participant in the swap - mwah! 


I think this looks great and will always remind me of this fantastic swap.
If you are a participant, I can't wait to see what you do! 

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I LOVE your necklace! Yeah and I figured out my beads. This was (still is) a fantastic swap!
    Hugs, Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mix in your necklace.. my beads arrived and I'm still studying them. They are wonderful! Will be concocting something soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You received a gorgeous collection of beads, Lenna, and what a lovely necklace you've managed to make with them. It looks stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lenna, it must be fantastic to recieve so many pearls, from around the world, and then create a necklace to alwayes remind you, of this wonderful swap.
    It looks so vibrant and gorgeous, and I`m sure you will feel great joy, every time watching-or wearing it.
    Hugs and kisses to you, and a happy easter.
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look on your face as you look down on your beads. I was very pleased with the variety and took them to work to be admired. I have an idea where I may use some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous swap! Your received really wonderful beads.
    The necklace looks fantastic on you Lenna!

    Happy Easter!
    Hugs and Love,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  7. how beautiful is that? Your necklace is certainly filled with love from so many talented players.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...