Sunday, February 26, 2012

stars from scotland


My dear friend Frieda Oxenham who lives in the Scottish Borders, sent me a wonderful gift for my birthday this week! It arrived later than she was hoping for, after my actual birthday, but I so enjoyed opening it when it arrived yesterday. It came in a bright pink mailing envelope with white polka-dots and was wrapped up in a piece of fabric -whoohoo! I'll be sure to use the wrapping too. Inside a delightful little mesh studded bag that held something that Frieda explained to me later as, "I saw this necklace and knew immediately it was meant to be for you what with those stars!"


Frieda and I have corresponded, shared our fabric and mixed media art via many exchanges and shared our thoughts and ideas for a long time. The earliest email I have saved is from 2005! I love seeing this email again because it shows I had not even found her blog or her picturetrail yet! Check those sites out for some serious eye candy!

From: Lenna Andrews
 To: Frieda Oxenham
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 12:40 PM
Subject: happy days for you : )

 Dear Frieda, Just a note of Congratulations!! My, what an exciting week you have had, and so well-deserved. Do you have a scan, or a place on-line where I could see your quilts? I would love to see your larger fabric work!

Fondly, Lenna

 Lenna Andrews, mixed media artist and instructor
 94 Peak Mountain drive, East Granby, CT 06026
Phone/Fax: 860-413-9050
Web Site: http://www.lennastamp.com
gallery: http://www.picturetrail.com/lennastamp

There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from.
 ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross



kind of a silly photo of me, but it shows off the beautiful necklace Frieda sent very well!

It's perfect.
Thank you so much, Frieda!!
xxooxo

11 comments:

  1. Wow, Lenna, can it really be that long ago since we "met". It must be but I can hardly believe it!
    So happy you like the necklace and it suits you as well as I was hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! Isn't it amazing how people connect, through their art. Just love it!

    The necklace is stunning, by the way.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lenna
    What an exquisite necklace and it sits on your neck beautifully - your photo is lovely, what could be nicer than a happy smiling face!!!

    A belated Happy Bithday from me too!
    hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frieda's right - that necklace was MEANT for you!! A beautiful birthday present and a lovely photo of you wearing it :o)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful color on you, Lenna, what a sweet present from Frieda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful necklace! And so cool that you and Frieda have connected and been creative friends for so long now. How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply perfect, Lenna. How lovely you two met and have been friends for some time now. Very special indeed. xo Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post and lovely necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Lenna, so wonderful, how we "MEET" and "stay together" -even so far apart- such a wonderful post.
    And you look sweet with the stars around your neck,that blue colour is SOOO you :)
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely gift. This necklace is truly amazing! Lucky you:)

    Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  11. The necklace is gorgeous and it looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...