Thursday, January 5, 2012

traveling hearts

For Lindsay

Back in November, Lindsay of Dryada Journals in Belgium visited my blog and commented. Then I went and visited her blog and read about how she was creating mail art and even offering to send some. I took her up on that but promised to send her something too. Below is what Lindsay sent me in December; you may have already seen it via a recent post I did on mail art. The heart with the message is something I believe Lindsay calls Travel Hearts. : ) thanks so much, Lindsay!


Today I took a piece of leftover vellum I printed yesterday for tags and put it together with a piece of cast-off jeans and a little heart I cut out of felt. See my process below.


Alphabet Rubber stamps and writing with a Sharpie marker



The vellum side - I glued a large snowflake in-between the jeans & the vellum

All sewn up! Click for details.


I placed the postcard in a glassine envelope . . . 
Now it is on the way to Belgium! 

mail some art today and feel better! 


10 comments:

  1. What a fun way to share art around the world. I love the theme "traveling hearts". Blissful and Creative 2012...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great piece of mail art, Lenna. I too just love sending and receiving. It simply brightens your day doesn't it! xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of 'a travelling heart', that's so sweet. Lovely mail art too, Lenna. I really like the layers and textures.

    You know what, I might just go and create some Mail Art today. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vellum you made the other day, Lenna, and used so wonderful here with the flake underneath-also love you send it in the see through envelope- a gorgeous art mail.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cool...thank you much for sharing your lovely style & technique!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm certain Lindsay is going to be over the moon to see this arriving in her letterbox!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just returned from five days with my brother. He retrieved my piece of mail art - to him - with eyes as big as plates. Mail art really does work, Lenna.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year 2012, I love your blog lena. i live in France, excuse me for my englih.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woopssss! Now I know how it looks like haha! It's soooo gorgeous! I can't wait to receive it!! :)

    (The page of travel hearts is offline at this moment so the link in your blogpost is broken :))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...