Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tag Tuesday: Snow

No, it is not snowing here in Florida-yet, but it was only 34 degrees this morning, yikes! (cold spell) . . . I suppose we could have seen snow. But instead the idea of snow comes because I have registered for Tag Tuesday hosted by Carolyn Saxby and this week's theme is SNOW. I started with photos from the past since I now live in the land of palm trees, sand & sun . . . click for details if you wish!

2007 - Avon CT

bird footy prints in the snow

2007 - Avon, CT

 First I printed my photos on cardstock but I then tried inkjet vellum and liked that better.

I sewed the printed vellum to a fabric handkercheif

Then cut the tag down and added a section of a second photo printed in vellum on top 
of the first one -- using my xyron adhesive. 

Then I decided to make a second tag, leaving the first to finish later. 
I layered fabrics underneath the vellum print of the photo . . . 


Then sewed them together, adding decorative stitches.

 More fabrics and trims added . . . . 



Fun stuff! Now I will share photos of the finished tags on Tag Tuesday and I'll get to use these myself however I wish! There is a new theme every Tuesday -come check it out, click here! 

13 comments:

  1. STUNNING tags, Lenna - as I would expect ;o)

    Love how you put them together and they are super images you've used. It's so lovely that you have used your own photos.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! I thought the pictures alone were cool but I *love* the tags you created with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really fascinating, Lenna -- love the velum. The one with the leaves has so much depth it looks real. xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ALL! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The birdy footprints made me laugh because they're so cute (and my word for this year is LAUGH so thank you for that) and then you printed on vellum- beeeaaaaauuuttttiiiffffuuullll!!!!! I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tags... the vellum was a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lenna,
    these tags are gorgeous, love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look suitable cold! Love the way you've used that wonderful vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh Lenna these tags are so beautiful!!! My neighbor (who's in Fla. for another day) emailed me about the cold,cold nights of late-like I feel sorry for her-wait til she gets home here in PA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing and over the top as always my friend!!! You are always my inspiration and you make my heart sing when I see your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for commenting on my Tag (Tag Tuesday) - yours is lovely and very, very creative - love your blog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...