Saturday, December 3, 2011

where does the time go?

I returned home Monday night from my travels to Connecticut to see my sister and visit with our families -her boys, my boys, extended family and friends. Now it's Saturday already! Geeze. Tuesday morning I was up bright and early to drive to Siesta Key for one of my Nia classes. It was very windy that day and the surf was loud but we still had a great class none-the-less. I dressed in layers and peeled them off.

A windy day on Siesta Key in Florida

I could not resist snapping a photo during class; what wonderful movement.

Below, I love these pen shells, I think they're called. I pick them up 
all the time (to use in my art) and feel like a regular magpie!

I joined Facebook this week, or was that late last week before traveling? Doing that has kept me really busy - learning how to use it. My account is here and I have started a creative lenna page which is somehow connected. I have not really figured it all out yet. I resisted joining Facebook for many years until I started doing Nia and going to Conscious Movement and Gratitude dancing -all here in Florida. If I wanted to receive announcements for upcoming events for these things, Facebook was how the word was spread. So I caved, and so far, it does not seem as bad as I thought it might be, so it's all good! 
On Wednesday, I took the dogs to De Soto Memorial for a walk and we spied a beautiful white egret.

Whoops!! That's our dog Asia, of course! 
Although, Steven often tells people she's part white egret as a joke : )


On Thursday, I captured some beautiful butterflies that love the flowers in my 
front yard . . .  click for a closer look.


Steven and I visited my mom on Thursday and took some photos of mom's pup, Loki.
He's a white standard poodle and really large for his age. He's only 6 months and teething!


wow!

Friday, Nia on Longboat Key beach was on my schedule and it was a beautiful day. There is really something to be said for moving barefoot on the beach, watching the birds as you stretch up towards the clouds, moving all your muscles in the wind, feeling strong and powerful . . . and we even saw two dolphins jumping out of the water as we were dancing yesterday.

The temps are still warm enough to swim if you are brave! 
Yes, there are seasons in Florida. Right now the temps are in the 50's - 80's.

My instructor on the beach, Kathy Oravec.
I can't say enough good things about this program, Nia.


Friday afternoon Steven wanted to bring me over to Lucas Boatworks and show me what they have been working on . . . look at this tiny Kayak being made from a kit!
It is for Kayak Kathy's 4 year old granddaughter, Izzy. 
Steven volunteered to make Izzy a wee kayak paddle.



my stamped coffee table is being refinished; I stamped this in 1998. 
Steven is giving it a fresh coat of epoxy to make it shine again.

I just loved how this wood shaving on his work table looked!

Steven showing me how he is shaping the kayak paddles he's making with my dad's tools.

I have a sketchbook to work in (two actually) and some colorful ATCs and luscious 4x4's are waiting to be made. I will be getting to all of this soon I know. In the meantime, I keep taking photographs and dancing! 
My very best to you, lenna

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, Lenna. You are busy and sound happy. The beach looks magical - what a wonderful place to hold a class. I must say I miss stuffing my pockets with shells, and rocks, and drift wood, and feathers and .... ! ha ha Your Mama's pup looks fabulous. She is growing LARGE -- but then she is a standard. They are so beautiful -- I love the way they prance. I never thought about 'little boats' for children. How lucky this little girl is. Your table is looking brand new again and I'm sure you will enjoy it for years to come. Thanks for sharing a little of your life with us Lenna .. always find it very interesting. Take care of yourself. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh Lenna - I'm with you where has the time gone - less than 30 days before the end of the year! Loving your photos my friend - looks like you are doing well and taking "me" time. We need to catch up properly soon...Jewels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a lovely post Lenna. It was like reading a magazine! Asia is SO gorgeous, as is Loki but I bet Loki is a bit more of a handful! Poodles are very intelligent, and a standard poodle is going to be big and very intelligent - I hope your mom is prepared for an interesting time (but also fun!).

    Your beach/Nia photos are making me a little (or a lot, actually) green with envy. To be on the beach in lightweight clothing at this time of year, what a dream.

    What a darling little paddle Steven has made for Izzy, and to inscribe it with her name too. Cute.

    Keep on taking those photos and dancing, dear Lenna!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...