Monday, December 5, 2011

photo collage and dance

On Sunday morning I attended a conscious movement event in Sarasota, FL hosted by Dance SRQ/Conscious Movement Sarasota. While there, I took just a few photos of this hour and a half free-form movement class without flash, not wanting to disturb the environment. Later at home, I brought the photos into Photoshop and layered two or more of them together to create more depth. I played with the filters and opacity of the layers until I came up with a number photo collages I liked.

The collage above was created by tweaking the 2 photos below after they were layered together.
Click on each photo for a larger view.



Here are some more I created with those photos...
I like the shadows created in the top section, below. They come from yet another photo.



The photo below was added to create the collage above

more variations . . . yes, I am obsessive!

My favorite I think . . . click on it for a larger view.

The dancing was . . . . "authentic" in the words of my Nia dance teacher Kathy, and I would agree. It is wonderful for me to combine my love of dance and movement with my new love of photography and being creative with it. I just wanted to share this! Have a creative and happy day. : ^ ) lenna


2 comments:

  1. How wonderful to see even more beautiful pictures of the dance event here after viewing your gorgeous blip one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very well done, Lenna. I think the one which is your favorite is also mine. Looks like you spent a lovely day. xxDonna

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...