Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sanibel Sweethearts


Two weeks ago today, my husband Steven and I were on nearby Sanibel Island, celebrating seven years together as a couple. I just came across this photo in my many photos and had to upload it! I called Steven on October 25, 2004 to tell him my then husband John, had left me for another woman. Steven and I were 47 and 48 years old at the time, but had been friends and known each other since high school.  When I made that phone call, it truly was the last thing on my mind that I might end up having feelings for Steven. He, on the other had freely admitted a few weeks later, that he had had a crush on me since I was 15!! We married the next June, after my divorce was final and while we do celebrate our wedding anniversary, we always celebrate the day I called him.

I really love this photo and had to share it!


8 comments:

  1. Wow-that long?? It seems like on a couple of years!!! Congratulations on the anniversary of the phone call!! Good move on your part!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lenna! I just love that story. How very special. Stories of the heart always tend to lift me up ... so thanks for sharing. It IS a lovely photograph. xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special anniversary, many congratulations. Your gorgeous photograph sums it all up really, doesn't it?! You both look so happy and so right together.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lenna this is a beautiful photo and you are a lovely couple. Its lovely that you got together and fell in love too
    Hugs June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the words of a famous celbrity, "Winning!" Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just can't believe the wonderful romance of Steven and you, however much I hear it. It's just like fate decided to step in and make you dial that number. You look lovely and oh so happy together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Lenna, what a great love story. Wish you many more years in love together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are looking so happy, and sweet both-
    And your story is a true lovestory dear Lenna-so wonderful how things happens ,sometimes.
    Hugs to you.
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...