Friday, November 25, 2011

gratitude


yesterday i celebrated my gratitude for all i have and will recieve . . .


first, by joining my new friends in Sarasota I've met through Nia to dance on the beach.

It seems that many people who live in Florida celebrate their Thanksgiving by going to the beach with family and friends. One woman who stopped by and danced with us told us it was their tradition to get up early and cook, then come to the beach for the day and have dinner later. Some people even cooked their Thanksgiving dinner in the pavilions right there next to the beach! 


football on the beach was big . . . 


but I enjoyed dancing barefoot in the sun best of all.


we received both looks of curiosity and big smiles . . . 

 

what a wonderful way to start my day.

I traveled back home, 45 minutes but a quiet drive and prepared for my second Thanksgiving, a feast at Lucas Boatworks, where my husband is one of the 5 full-time builders. It was amazing!

Steven made mashed potatoes

This is held in the open pole barn where they build boats -all cleaned up!



 happy thanksgiving to Chloe and Asia too! 

 Dave Lucas, Steven and Austin

Austin is working in Steve's shop making a guitar with some of my dad's wood!

Austin has a nickname, "wood" and a tattoo of the same!

Always something fun going on at Lucas boatworks : )


we are grateful.

I am off to fly to Connecticut and visit my sister and family. Both of my sons and their wives/partners will come down to my sister's house from Boston - I can't wait! wishing you the best, lenna 






1 comment:

  1. Hey, I heard your voice on the video clip - you have such a sweet voice!!

    What a perfect Thanksgiving - dancing on the beach in that beautiful sunshine, and sharing a meal with friends.

    Safe journey to Connecticut.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...