Saturday, November 12, 2011

The cover: sketchbook project 2012

The pages of my sketchbook have been removed and reconfigured. Before I return them to the sketchbook I thought I should work on the cover itself. This would be easier to do without the pages inside. If you missed the previous post that shows removing the pages, you can catch up by reading here.

I started with a thin layer of a paper napkin and fluid matte medium.

On the right I added a page of text first . . . and gold pigment powder.

And on the left, some handmade paper.

More sections of a paper napkin was applied with matte medium.

Rubber stamps were used with StazOn permanent ink.



I added my title with alphabet letter stamps:
Encyclopedia of . . .  how and why (of what, is to be revealed/determined!)



Trying out the extended, folded pages . . . .



I would like to prepare the pages a bit more before sewing them into the spine; either by painting them or adding some background paper to them. I'm on a roll with this sketchbook and it feels good!

yours creatively, lenna

10 comments:

  1. YOU are on a roll, Girl! Every time I look at my computer tonight you've got a new post. You are on your way - love the cover. xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear Lenna, sorry I have been a bit absent lately, it is a bit crazy here, with christmas creations and shows starting....
    Your book cover is fantastic, I so love the handmade paper you used, and all the beautiful stamps. The colour tones speaks also very much to me.Happy sunday and hugs.
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I missed the previous post, I'll have to catch up with that! Well your sketchbook cover is fantastic! How different it is, and it makes me want to find out more - just what an encyclopedia should be all about, I guess!

    You are on a roll, go with it Lenna!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful cover! I can't wait to see the next pages! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the vividness of the kraft background enhanced with the black & gold. thank you much for sharing your process... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous cover! I haven't started mine yet, you've just reminded me! I best get cracking!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful cover. Love the way you've stayed with black and white. Really suits your encyclopedia theme!
    And I can almost feel the joy it gives you to be back arting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply fabulous!!! I mean like wow!! Very nicely done. I love all the pictures as well. Great job you did on this project!!! By the way I love your comfort food choice! Best to you,
    V

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fabulous - Wish I could see the gold shimmer in person

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful work Lenna, you are such a creative soul with excellent ideas and skill
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...