Monday, November 7, 2011

4x4 for Trudi

Through the Oh My Gothic yahoo group, I have been creating 4"x4" pieces on a monthly basis. In October it was my turn to make something for Trudi Sissons. Her theme for this exchange is Nature's Garden with Quotes - soft shades, flowers, vines, butterflies. Click for details.


To create this I used a copy of a vintage ad printed onto vellum paper to keep it soft and almost see-through. The John Muir quote was rubber stamped with black StazOn permanent ink. The cloth leaves and paper butterflies were hostess gifts given to me; just the perfect touch I think. Trudi has seen her piece on the yahoo group (a closed group) and told me she loved it. It should reach her in Canada before too long! It was good for me to make this, I enjoyed. 




4 comments:

  1. A beautiful piece, Lenna. Love the butterflies. xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your piece ticks all the boxes for the Nature's Garden theme... very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful piece of art for Trudy's theme. And a soft, strokable butterfly too. Love the way you've used feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how beautiful, dear Lenna,
    I love the soft look to it, and the sweet butterflyes-it is so different - I love it

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...