Saturday, October 1, 2011

Dallas and Liz get married

My son Dallas and his fiance' Liz are getting married today in Northampton, Mass. A friend of theirs drew the picture below and I added the writing. The gondola represents the last 3 years they spent in Triste, Italy, working at an Internatonal School. They are now back in the States, have secured an apartment in the Boston area, Liz has a job and Dallas is enrolled at a Graduate program at Simmons college.



These images just make me smile. Dallas turned 27 this August, Liz is a wonderful young woman and they are a fantastic couple. I will not be able to attend their wedding in person, because my family needs me here more than Dallas & Liz need me there. My sister Kathy and our dear friends Garth and Nora will represent us today at 5pm. My dear daddy was transported to a Hospice House last night where all of his needs in his remaining time can be better met. You do not need to write to me - this is a difficult time, just think of me and send your good energy my way. I have made it known to the couple that my dad would have wanted them to look forward and celebrate this joyous occasion today. with love, lenna


5 comments:

  1. Many congratulations and best wishes for the future to Dallas and Liz. They are such a beautiful couple and they have the world at their feet. Your heart is split between them and where you have to be, and all involved will understand that this is as it must be.

    Love to you, Lenna.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must be a very bitter sweet day for you Lenna. I wish Dallas and Liz all the best on their special day and you all the strength you'll need for this and the coming days! With my warmest love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Triste ... such a wonderful experience. The gondola card is fabulous! The photograph says everything doesn't it. Beautiful. Sending much love and light your way Lenna. You are such a strong woman. xxooDonna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lenna,

    Our evening prayers are for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations for Dallas and Liz. Many prayers for you and your family in your sorrow.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...