Thursday, October 20, 2011

another art journal finished

I started this art journal back in July when I was working on doing Art Journal Every Day with Julie Balzer. This concept is a great idea and Julie gives participants lots of inspiration. I highly recommend it. I could see myself doing this again, perhaps for a one month commitment, as I found it hard to continue more than the four months that I did. Perhaps it was my circumstances. This is the second journal that I filled during that commitment and it feels wonderful to have finished it completely and to have filled it up! I started working last night with a Sumi brush and Dye-na Flow inks.


After spraying with plain water, I let that dry and came back to it today.


The quote is from Lao-Tzu.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
That is exactly how I felt. Just one step back into mixed media art.


I added the thin top layer of a paper napkin as the paint/ink alone was just too sparse for me. Then I edged and splattered with a krylon 14K gold marker. I just can't help myself!

My art journal was finished. I had been thinking about this last page for a while, but want you to know that what I did was done on the fly, on the spur of the moment, when I finally sat down and made myself start. 
A peek at the entire journal is below -click for details.










wow, that is a lot of art journaling, even over 4 months.



Thanks for being here. 



11 comments:

  1. Dropping in to say 'hi' and to let you know I am thinking of you!!! Hope you and your mom are doing well! hugs and love!
    chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, you've taken that first step and produced this beautiful page. AND finished yet another journal!

    I love it when you put the journals like that for the photographs, and we can just sneak peeks at what's inside.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Another journal bites the dust - you are finished! Absolutely beautiful pages, Lenna. Your last page is beautiful, the quote, the feather, the content and even the colour are so representative of where you are at in the moment. A beautiful way to complete this journal and move forward to another. Take care my dear friend. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am again inspired. Glad to see you are heading back "one step at a time". You shuld feel very proud of your accomplishments.
    Hugs.
    bb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your comments. I am testing to see if I need to copy what I write before previewing in case the comment box is blank on the preview page.

    yup - I would advise copying what you write before previewing or publishing, then pasting it into the box if it is blank. I have alerted them & hope they fix this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to know you've started to make some art again, Lenna. Art does many things and one of them is that it heals!
    A real achievement, finishing another journal and specially at the moment. It looks beautiful and the quote is a very thoughtful one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much, Frieda.
    I am testing comments once more after switching back to my 'old' blog look (for now). lenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been thinking about you, so I dropped by to visit & so happy to see your final page in this journal, it is an amazing compilation of art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing all the journal finished like that - really like that last page with the napkin too. Have fun with the next one

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh your art journal is so pretty. I feel inspired and want to find out more. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lenna, what a beautiful art journal. I love the organic spirit behind the art! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...