Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Paper Stacks: Online Collaboration

I read last week on Seth Apter's blog about his proposal to host an online collaboration; a collection of sorts. Read all about it here: Paper Stacks. Having worked in lots of altered books, art journals, and collaborative journals full of paper and more, I could not resist the challenge to upload a photo (or 2 or 3 or 4) to my blog today. I will notify Seth that I have done this and he will add my link to the list of artists here -go check it out! I love that he calls this post/list: Stackaholics Anonymous!

My photos are sharing only a few of the art journals and altered books around here . . .
I did not want the stack to topple over! Right click on the photo and again if there is a plus sign, for a juicier look.

You are looking at the first book I ever altered, back in 2001 - 10 years ago.

Some of these books are collaborations and some are samples for my altered book classes.

I made more than one stack -I could not resist!

A recent art journal from 2011 in the back, an altered book class sample, a collaborative exchange I am still involved with, a Vintage glue book, a book from a class with Kelly Kilmer . . . .

My most recent art journal, a class sample book, a vintage gluebook and my first altered book.


Hooray for stacks of art! 
Thank you Seth, for coordinating. I am proud to add my stacks ; ^ )  lenna 



26 comments:

  1. These look so luscious all stacked up together - just wonderful! Your journals are stackalicious, baby!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just adore your stack of books! They look lovely together, but each of them is great. It gives me a lot of inspiration looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos themselves are art!*L* I'm just starting up my stacks. I only have one journal that is almost done. I have done professional art (attempted anyway) for so long I've forgotten how to do art for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just want to dive in and spend days looking through your books. They are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sensational stacks in this post. I love all your handmade books and altered pages. Enlarging all the photos really makes them pop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lenna-
    gorgeous stack ,-looks so fantastic with all those colors-I want ,to grab-and look-and feel-and study very near.
    xo-Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! such texture and color~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, these are delicious looking books! I want to dig into them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing stack of altered books! You have been at that awhile. I really love the look of all these stacks. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful stacks of art...so glad you allowed us to see some of the pages!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh What a GREAT idea! Such lushes, delicious photographs. I want to do this toooo! Don't think I have time before leaving tomorrow. boo hoo. Thanks for sharing. As always, you inspire me so. xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  12. This makes my heart palpitate! OMG....You are such an inspiration and a magnificent artist Lenna!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All these altered books and art journals sing to my heart. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are simply wonderful stacks...
    LOVE IT ALL! Thank you for sharing :]
    So beautiful, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful idea! And you have so much to make stacks with, documenting your art life for the past 10 years at least. What wealth. Wish I could take a peek in each and everyone of them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, those are some fantastic creations!!! Fabulous books stacks. Would love to come play at your house. Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your stacks look gorgeous and so very inviting!

    What a delight it would be to turn those pages!

    Stack On
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lenna, WOW! BOOKS and more BOOKS! I wish I could reach out and touch them so much goodness in each book.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful stacks! Very nice, indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What thick and inviting pages in your journals!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just "found" your blog in Seth's list of bloggers who posted Stacks -- and very happy to see your wonderful work. Signed right up to follow. Wasn't it fun to post or stacks and then see each others? I am a mail artist too so happy to see you are too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am in LOVE. Your stacks are incredible. That first stack looked like it was rather precariously perched. I really enjoyed getting a close and personal look at all your altered books and journals. Since joining this collaboration, I too am finding more stacks. Yours are so colorful and artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  23. still working my way through the list. absolutely beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...