Saturday, September 24, 2011

Green Paper Vintage Gluebook Page Swap

I registered for Mary Green's Vintage Gluebook page Swap last month, even though I was not positive I could do it ...this swap sounded so good, I just could not resist signing up. So, I was very happy to be able to complete my work for the swap and send it off to Mary today. I made six 5" x 7" pages to swap and an extra gluebook page for Mary, for her own book. To create these, I used what Mary had taught me in her wonderful online class, Your Vintage GlueBook and added my own style to them, to make my swap pages.

Above, the woman in the purple hat is from Alpha Stamps and printed on fabric. 
Each page has a strip of a dictionary over-print (tan with colorful birds, feathers) that I received as part of Mary Green's Collage Club - and I printed this collage sheet from Mary on vellum paper so you could see through to my background papers. 

 -
Above a transparency I printed myself from an old postcard and postage stamps gifted to me from my friend Joanna Urbani (thank you!).

The image in the center is from ARTchix Studio. This one was Steven's favorite.

The "Across the Snow" page is again, from Joanna. xoxo
The transparency of the woman and the bird image are from ARTchix Studio.

Each page has a quote -most of them are LennaLines rubber stamps, which I no longer have as a business but still use quite often! 

an old map, ARTchix Studio image, postage stamps, a bit of Distress Ink.

I love this page! It makes me smile.


They all started with a single background page, glued to a piece of sturdy paper.

 Then I added a few items to each page.... Click for detail.

Then, I brought these pages and my travelling art kit  over to my parents house the other day. My mom had some errands she needed to do and while my dad was sleeping, I worked on these pages across the hall in the spare room. This was the best thing I could have done for myself. He did wake up and I was there, but in the meantime, I could work on these and free my mind. I highly recommend doing art as therapy.


The backs are done on the computer, but then printed onto paper I received from Mary Green, in her classes, or from the Collage Club. I used 3 different kinds of paper.




I really enjoyed creating these pages and so look forward to my returns! Besides my six swapped pages, Mary is adding additional vintage papers, and a vintage book cover. Thank you, Mary.



20 comments:

  1. Hi, Lenna! I really like your VGB pages! I, too, just mailed my pages today and am glad I signed up for this. Making art is definitely the best therapy and I am glad that you could do your pages while at your parents' home.

    My thoughts and prayers are with you; this is such a difficult time for you and your family.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your pages are terrific, and the backs are very nice. I have finished mine and will mail them on Monday in a pack with pages done by Lorraine Weber. I find Mary's classes and challenges to be sooooo relaxing, mostly because we are limited to paper and glue. So I don't have to forage in beads, fibers, etc. (wait a minute: did you say you printed an image onto FABRIC???? Let's hope the gluebook police don't come after you!! :) tee hee hee) Hope I get one of your pages.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenna, your gluebook pages are lovely. I understand perfectly what you mean about art therapy...I've found making gluebook pages to be such a relaxing and soothing activity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lenna! Your pages are incredible. Hard to choose a favorite, however the "Spinster" page makes me smile a lot too. Glad to hear you are taking care of yourself. Art does save us in so many ways. Thinking of you. xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just lovely! I started on my swap today - I'm a huge procrastinator - it's inspiring to see your work. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pages are beautiful, Lenna!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pages - will be great to see what you get in return :-0

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i so wanted to take part in this swap - and then i had a fall and broke my R wrist grrr....

    your pages are so lovely Lenna and i wd have been over the moon if i had received one of yours!!!

    Shane xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi dear Lenna,
    This book looks so romantic, and beautiful-I love what you have been doing-and I`m sure Mary will, too.
    I`m glad you can "relaxe" sometimes creating- I`m thinking of you, and your family.
    HUGS-Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  10. ALL these pages are beautiful, Lenna. There will be some very lucky recipients out there!

    I'm so glad you were able to make such fabulous use of the bits and pieces I sent. If I was pushed to choose a favourite page I'd agree with Steven, the colours and sentiments really speak to me. The quote, "If your ship doesn't come in swim out to it" is brilliant - definitely one to remember!

    Love to you.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like anything that you do that includes stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are all wonderful and the others in the group are very lucky to receive them. Swapping is always fun because you give and receive and being on the receiving end of the handiwork of others is always a good thing. :) Sending healing wishes for your dad, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, they are all wonderful and I love your backs almost as much as your fronts. Steven sounds like he's just as romantic as you!
    And you're right, when times are hard, art always helps!
    Now I can't type anymore as I'm going to have to keep my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well I think these are all GRAND Lenna - well done. I had to pass this time but hopefully Mary does again! Jewels

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Lenna, i really love your beautiful collage vintage work. I am off to see now if i can add to follow your beautiful blog
    have a great week and sending hugs
    June

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow- these are so absorbing to look at. I love them. It's such a blessing that you can be there for your father and mother at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely pages as usual, Lenna. I wish I could have been part of this swap...I do love swaps. And, sigh, I won't have a chance to receive one of your fabulous pages. Maybe next time.

    Wishing you and your family well. Hugs.
    bb

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lenna, your pages are beautiful. Thanks so much for dropping by my blog the other day and leaving your sweet comment on my blog. I'm so sorry to hear of the progression of your dad's illness and glad that you have your art to help see you through this difficult time. I'm sure you are glad you can be there for your parents.

    Take care,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think your pages are fabulous. The healing power of art is quite magical. Sending you healing wishes. penny

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun project - I especially like the "Across the Snow" page.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...