Monday, August 22, 2011

raw umber + royal purple



Directly above is the ATC I kept for myself, as a remembrance of what I did for our Colour Groupies July theme. This time our color combo was Raw Umber and Royal Purple! For the "Colour Groupies" exchange I belong to, I make 5 ATCs (one for each person in the group) every month. Sometimes it takes me a while to post about them as they need to reach their destinations first and then I need to remember to do it! 

I started with a full sheet of paper, brown textile paint and a combing tool . . . 



After the paint dried, i used my large paper cutter . . .

that made it easy to get them ATC size - 2.5" x 3.5"

I made extras -one I used for an ATC swap on creative swaps!

I added Lumiere paint in purple to all of the ATCs, various images from ARTchix Studio, trims and iridescent glass spheres from Alpha Stamps.

for caryl hoobler

for frieda oxenham

The backs - very simple

for tristan blakeman

for debby hariettha

I am working on my August color combo now ~ pale pink and butter yellow. Frieda's are done, sent and received (delicious!!) and you can view them here if you like!


6 comments:

  1. Lenna they are fantastic- so special effects - you made on the brown-I never tryed that.
    and Frieda`s are wonderful, too-
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. The texture you achieved is outstanding. The two colours together, wonderful! xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the texture! Unusual colour combo, and it looks great.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to see how you made these beauties, Lenna, I love the sparkle of the cards and of course I LOVE mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I love these! The combed effect reminds me a lot of paste paper. That is a great shade of purple, I must say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking back over some older posts this morning. Just wanted I am in love with the way the brown background turned out. I'm so inspired to go play with solid color backgrounds now!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...