Saturday, August 13, 2011

paper boat

can you see the blueprint of the boat design?
It is called a Dogwatch, and my grandfather had one.

Well, the rain has let up but don't be surprised that my art journal spread is called: paper boat. I found some really interesting paper in a UK magazine called Selvedge. I received just a few issues (a small subscription) after reading about it on Frieda's blog. It really is so different from any US magazines -the paper is not thin and shiny. It is thick and matte flat! I had pulled a couple of pages out of the magazine and saved them because their design was so interesting to me. Here is how I started . . .

I glued the pages into my journal and used water color crayons on the edges. 

I spritzed with butterscotch and denim Adirondack Color Wash after wetting the page.


And then I wet the page some more to blend. Let dry overnight.


I added transparencies and the sequin waste I have been using as a stencil.
I really need to clean off my table. It is a mess! 


I added Citrine green Lumiere with my finger. 
Splashed on a bit more denim color wash and also 14K gold Kyrlon marker.


No words (journaling) this time! 
: ^) lenna 

6 comments:

  1. Dear Lenna, this spread is just gorgeus, I am alwayes astonished about you mixing your inks, papers and colors, to recieve the most fantastic results- without it getting muddy !!!
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic spread, Lenna. Really appeals to me. xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to see you have not just enjoyed reading the magazine but are now putting it to some fantstic use! I know it's pretty prizy but Selvedge remains one of my favourites. Not sure if I can bring myself to tear out some pages but you've made them even more beautiful so perhaps I will try too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pages. Thanks for sharing the process which achieved these results. Looks like you had fun!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some of my fav pages that you've created, they really appeal to me!

    Love your art!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...