Sunday, July 24, 2011

mail art for Linda K ; ^ )

I decided to make an envelope to send Linda's 4 x4 at the same time I decided I did not want to throw away the paper I had been working on top of while making her piece.


It all started with this scrap paper below, which is drawing weight.

 To strengthen this paper for a proper envelope, I added tissue papers to the reverse side. I put them down randomly using matte medium to attach the tissue to the scrap paper.

I let that dry and found an "kreate-a-lope" template in a good size.

The tissued paper is now cut to size -
The clear template allows you to position designs where you wish.

The inner square is used as a guide to fold the envelope.
You can see the tissue paper I applied is now on the inside of the envelope.

pretty cool! 

very cool! 

Hope you enjoy this idea. You don't even need a template to make an envelope!
Use an existing one as a guide or make up your own. 
have fun! : ^ ) lenna




8 comments:

  1. Greensneakers sells templates in various sizes, but when I wanted to create one that met First Class mail restrictions for size, but was bigger than a regular envelope, I went to the Hallmark Store. They have a huge box of envelopes from Greeting cards that they keep under the counter. I picked a couple, brought them home, took them carefully apart, then used a clear 'report cover' that I bought at Staples as template material. It is nice to have a template for folding, but I use a small metal triangle and my finger nail to make the original folds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, dave! Great idea, Thank you!! Green Sneakers is the same company as Kreate-a-lope . . . They have lots of sizes, but you are right, you have to look up the size chart on the USPS site to see where your envelope should be/for what price. Your idea of using an existing envelope and a clear report cover is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The envelope is beautiful, but yours always are! Is the gold from gold gesso or something else? (I had gold gesso on the brain today - time to get it out of the cupboard I guess)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, That gold is from Halo Rose-Gold Lumiere . . . I have watered it down, put it in a spray bottle and I am spraying it on everything! It separates out from the pink sometimes. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great package you have created. The envelope is delightful -- love your methods. Thanks for sharing Lenna. You always inspire me .. xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is brilliant. A perfect way to use up all the scrap that you would normally toss. Love it! Have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful envelope frosting for your art! thank you much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, and simple! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...