Saturday, July 2, 2011

fragile spread

I left my journal looking like this, yesterday . . . .
I had used various papers to cover the page and then added two transparencies and a fragile sticker. I stopped there... many of you commented on how you liked the bird paper on the right. It is called Reverie Birds and I got it from Alpha Stamps. I aged the papers I used a bit by using Distress Stain in weathered wood. It has a dabber top and you simply rub it on. Today, I added a small amount of white paint with my finger in streaks and also splattered some on the pages with paint, see below. 


Below, you'll see I hand wrote - life is - to go with - fragile. 
I had to try a number of pens until I found one I was satisfied with.
I splattered the gold pen I was using on the pages for good measure too!
I counted and this is the 8th feather I have added to this journal!
Both Steven and my mom save feathers for me if they find them.
I did not ask them to do this! They just started giving them to me,
saying, thought maybe you could use this?


the finished spread, below . . . click for detail.

Thanks for visiting! ; ^ ) lenna


9 comments:

  1. Love this spread, Lenna! I have a collection of feathers too. Love the layers here...
    Wishing you a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journal is just gorgeous!
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Lenna. It has soul and yes, Life is Fragile. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO beautiful, up there as one of my favourite pages of yours. Love the paint splatters.

    Life is, indeed, fragile.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lenna, this spread is gorgeus, I so love the soft tones and the papers you used, -the nature theme is beautiful to me :) and this tells so much.
    I`m on my way with your art mail, -next week it will leave for you dear.
    Hugs from,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Lots of interesting detail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lenna your birds pages are so beautifully made, love them.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just on the Flickr Group for Art Journal Everyday, and these pages really struck me. Gorgeous! I love your colors and layers, the warmth and the vintage feel. Thank you for describing your supplies and your techniques, as I am trying to learn so much more... ~kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in awe of this spread... I can feel the passion of your sacred marks...there is a sense of personal history here...so lovely. Happy 4th of July! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...