Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Color ATCs for creative swaps!

I'm hosting a 'color my world' ATC swap on my creative swaps blog and have joined the swap myself! I made 3 ATCs in 3 different ways and will take you through much of my process.

For the raw umber ATC I started by painting a sheet of watercolor paper.
My idea was to start big and then cut up, making extra ATCs. 
As I was painting I noticed the marks the paintbrush was making -
and that made me get out my paint combs!



I used my paper cutter to measure & cut -
 lots of beautiful "base" ATCs!

The finished, Colour my World raw umber ATC

For the chameleon green ATC, I took a single ATC made of Bamboo
and an image from ARTchix Studio and glued them together.
 I added more green with a water soluable crayon . . . 
Another image (a luna moth) from ARTchix Studio, green rick rack and a greenish glitter to the edges.
I guess I wanted more color/layers because I got out a stencil (Crafter's workshop) and a mister of Adirondack Color wash in Lettuce. I found both of these products at the Artist Cellar -great service!
I sprayed the color wash through the stencil but also added color box ink via a cats eye pad and embossed it a little -that is the lighter color on the flowers you see below. I was playing!
I also edged the chameleon green ATCs with citrine lumiere paint.

Lastly, I made a fabric ATC for my splashed white ATC.
This time, I used a single "Illustration Board" ATC . . . 
and put it in between my fabric. I wanted some substance!
I actually took the ATC - the illustration board, and ran it through 
my xyron twice so it would be sticky on both sides and stick to the fabric. 
I added some of the lace and other fabrics you saw in the first photo
and glued them down with Tacky Glue. 
Then I got out white flowers by Prima which are meant to be dyeable! I am going to 
try that, but first I am using them plain here on my splashed white ATC.
I glued them to the fabric ATC with Tacky glue and then embellished them with 
iridescent glass spheres in 2 sizes - 2mm and 3mm. I found these at Alpha Stamps.

Voila! I am glad I am playing!
We have 24 participating so far, with 4 participants making 2 sets =
28 spots are filled. I will take up to 50 and it is due in my hands August 6th. 

: ) lenna 



6 comments:

  1. Given the heat (95 here today) I think the white one looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Lenna ... making it interesting again. Have fun. You are doing a wonderful job of these swaps. xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look brilliant. I love the effect you achieved with the paint comb - so simple and yet so striking.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each are beautiful! I love the idea of mass background creation and the White is SO pretty. I really love that one. I gotta do more atcs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous set of cards, Lenna. Specially love the green one, and would you believe it, I have that flower stencil too! Must dig it up and use it. I looks fantastic on your ATC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are inspiring lenna. i'm fiddling with my atc's for this swap and it's so interesting to watch as the process unfolds... mine never turn out like i first figured they would. blest be .. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...