Saturday, July 23, 2011

4 x 4 for Linda K ~ expressions of joy

As part of a year long exchange I'm doing, trading with a group of inspiring mixed media artists, I made this 4x4 for Linda Kunsman. 


Linda requested "expressions of joy". She likes nature, birds, quotes . . . and I know she loves the beach! So my idea was to pair a favorite quote that spoke of joy, with one of the photographs I took the other day when visiting Coquina Beach. Click on the scan above for more details. The quote reads, "There can be no happiness equal to the joy of finding a heart that understands."  ~ unknown

I can so relate with that quote! I thought Linda would like it too. There are not any step by step photos for this project, but I started with Irfanview -a photo program I use to re-size my photos & also when I want to add text. Then, I needed to print this out to the proper size! That took a couple tries -it had to fit well and look good in a  4" x 4" size. Once that was done, I used a couple of ColorBox Cat's eye ink pads to add color around the edges. Then shell pieces and sand were added with glue -Tacky glue for the sand, E6000 for the shells. The shells are more of the same deliciously colored pieces I picked up at the beach at DeSoto the other day. They also made their way onto an earlier journal page.

for Linda, with love . .. 

This reddish egret was soooooooo beautiful, fishing for minnows!
I have lots of photos of him here. It was such an enchanting afternoon! enjoy your day and thanks for visiting! : ^ ) lenna


6 comments:

  1. good one lenna...so pleasingly peaceful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a perfect expression of Joy. xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lenna-this is perfect!!! I love that you used a personal photo and shells and sand from your area-thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so neat! I love the colors and the way you used the shells. Excellent quote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi dear Lenna,
    my family left :( and I`m back to visit my friends :)
    You have been so bussy this week I can see- and made great things, like this beautiful piece. I also love your handmade envelope, made from "scratch"- --gorgeus.
    See you soon,
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...