Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Review of Lyra Aquacolor Watersoluble 48 Crayon Set (from Jerry's Artarama)

After ordering these crayons from Jerry's Artarama, they wrote & asked if I would review. I did & then they said they could submit it to my blog as well! Here it is, for what it's worth.
Create rich, vibrant washes and superb renderings on a wide variety of watercolor papers. Each crayon is highly pigmented and velvety smooth. Colors may be applied dry and released with water from brush or paper stomp or any other kind of blender. Colors are highly lightfast and blend to an almost infinite range of shades. Dip crayon first into water for a truly lush experience with color.

Fabulous set of colors
By creative lenna from Bradenton, FL on 6/7/2011

Pros: Good Color Variety
Cons: Easy to work with
Best Uses: Mixed media journals
Describe Yourself: Artist
Primary use: Personal
Was this a gift?: No (except to me!!)
I love to use this set of Lyra water soluble crayons in my art journal and also with ATCs.
Quick and easy color!
Lyra water soluble crayon background in Art Journal

Tags: Lenna Andrews

5 comments:

  1. This confirms my belief I need a box. Perhaps you could suggest to Jerry etc. that they open a branch in Edinburgh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now it's time for a confession. As soon as I posted the last comment, I googled them and found them at a UK supplier (Joanna Sheen) and click, click, they were mine!!! So you've achieved the first sale already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, Frieda. You make me laugh right out-loud, at my computer!! I am so glad you found them in the UK. They are different than water soluble pencils, a bit richer. I bet you'll fall in love with them! xo lenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with your assessment, Lenna! Love the 'cons'. Frieda .. you will will have a love affair with these crayons. YEAH for new toys. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you've been arting with these crayons, & your review was brilliant! Have you used them on fabric yet (sorry if I missed it if you have!)?

    Your journal every day is amazing, love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...