Sunday, June 19, 2011

june 19 still squeezing it in

Yup. I missed a day, but since I'm busy finishing up a large creative swap right now I think that's okay. I really wanted to work in my journal tonight and so I just dove right in. This was more of an exercise for me, than anything else! Click for detail.

Here is how I got there . . . .
I started with a piece of dyed paper toweling that swap participant Rena Matus sent to me with her little books. I was really taken by it and wanted to use it in my art journal.

 I used my xyron to adhere it to the pages, not being totally sure if it would work
 . . . but it did!

I started by using things that were accumulating on my desk from the swap. I had postage stamps from Ati Ham-Sas in Norway, and also Angelika Westerman in Germany. Too pretty to leave on the envelopes! I also had a ticket from our train ride last week. I used a star from Sue Emmerson's package on part of the ticket that turned out to be sensitive to the heat of my heat gun! The stamped blue paper on the left was a test paper for my own swaps.  
The beautiful feather below was a gift from swap participant Laura Hummel, the diamond paper napkin on the right from Nancy Roberts, the Elvis stamp from Marilou Bain, and the Australian bird post from Sue Emmerson -all participants in my swap. 
The striped tape in the middle is from Cute Tape and the script rubber stamps are from Christine Mason Miller! The bird transparencies are ones I printed myself, but the images are from Vintage Image Madness. phew!

This spread seems to me to be a celebration of the very large little book swap I'm hosting and I think it is great that I will have this in my journal and be able to look back at it on a later date when the swap is a distant memory! {Click on the ART Journal Every day button in the sidebar for more info}
: ^ )  lenna

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful spread, Lenna - lots of lovely details. Wishing you a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to use so much of the gifts from other people. These pages are so bright and colourul and they will bring back some happy memories for you.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is my favorite spread so far. Everything just fell into place didn't it! Such a gorgeous feather. A lovely memory of your 'big swap'. xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lenna,
    WONDERFUL- I love your words on this spread, they are just so true, and we should think them every day. Love the colors,and birds to show off your words, also.
    Love,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phew is right! So many little details filled with memories of your swap participants ... all there in a two-page layout. Wonderful! Thanks for your email. I've checked the link. Now I just gotta get my creative juices flowing. :) Have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew is right! So many little details filled with memories of your swap participants ... all there in a two-page layout. Wonderful! Thanks for your email. I've checked the link. Now I just gotta get my creative juices flowing. :) Have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great combo of bits and pieces from your travels and from swap participants. It all comes together with vibrance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see how you've used all the goodies from the Little Book Swap and yet, the pages ended up looking very Lenna like (and Frieda likes!). Yet again I feel I just dive in just like you do and start a journal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you "scrapped that page" for your swap!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...