Thursday, June 2, 2011

happy mail art and a peek

It is rare for me to create mail art using only my watercolor crayons, but that's what happened! Typically I will rubber stamp, collage with papers, maybe add some paint or do nature stamping and use my watercolor crayons! : ^ ) But this envelope to Lisa for the Garden Postcard Tag swap seemed just right as it was. Here's a close up-click for details:
And the full envelope.
I am enjoying my new tin of watercolor crayons immensely!

I've also been working in my art journal today. It's not finished, but I will share a peek into it; part of the background I've done. After writing a post about Mary Green's Your Vintage Gluebook online class the other day (it's on sale!!) I started thinking about Mary's wonderful Gluebook style again. I had a prompt - a lesson, from Mary's Green Paper Collage Club on building paper backgrounds for collage that I hadn't done yet. It was similar but different from a blended paper background lesson I did with Mary in Your Vintage Gluebook and I wanted to try it. So I got out some of the papers Mary had provided as part of these lessons, along with some of my own papers and got started. Here's what happened . . .



What fun and I've only just begun as this will be the background!!  ;  ^   ) lenna

p.s. The Little Book swap is really heating up with lots of fantastic small/wee/little/tiny books! Take a walk over to my creative swaps blog if you would like some eye-candy. It's yummy and non-fattening!

6 comments:

  1. "Yummy and non fattening." .. you make me smile, Lenna .. however so true about the book swap. Interesting backdrop for your journal ... 'the plot plickens' ... what will it look like when it's finished. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lenna - this post was very timely! Beth, Leslie have been discussing "drawing" for our next Mail Art exchange (which is REAL stretch for me)so I was interested seeing what you had done! I'll be emailing for some tips :) Jewels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your crayon art! I just did the same collage club background yesterday for the new collage challenge. Not sure how I'm finshing it though. Love the color you used in yours! Very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your colorful blog and colorful post! weee! :)

    http://popsytoh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lenna,this spread is gorgeus-I love
    the way you layered all the papers-and the sweet pink lady ,living in this wonderful place looks great.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superfun envelope, I'm lovin' those colours. Bright and cheery, just like you!

    I've been thinking about digging our my GB too.......

    Have a lovely weekend, Lenna.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...