Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 3 art journal

Here is today's installment of art journal every day! The finished journal page  . . .

And here's a walk through, via photos of how I got there. I started by covering the pages with leftover papers and a scrap of fabric, a leftover photograph of some of my blue and white china pieces, a photo that I did not use when making these ATCs. I thought it would be a nice reminder of the swap to put that photo in here.

This time, instead of using white gesso, I used a white ink pad to add to the papers. I figured it would be lighter and more transparent than the gesso but still add colour to the papers. I applied it directly then heat set it with a heat gun. Click on any photo for more detail.

I used two rubber stamps, added a scrap of printed tissue paper and a transparency image.

I found a copy of my husband's drawings of very comical cats that he drew a long time ago. He is really very artistic. I must have used a copy of this drawing of his in something I made for him, as this extra copy of the drawing was in with my collage scraps. I ripped it in 2 pieces to fit nicely, glued it in and smiled. ; 0 ) 

I also added a rusty old washer I had picked up outside, another transparency of a photo I took in Canada, a small feather and a couple of leftover pieces of fabric and some white German Scrap. 
Voila'! 
I must say this exercise of working in an art journal for 10 minutes a day (or more!) is helping me to get back into creating more . . . . I like that. I do feel busier than ever adding this in, but that is probably because I am spending more time on it than I really need to -that sounds like me ; 0 ) I am sure I will find a balance, I always do!! oh, I almost forgot to say & I know someone asked -this is a hardcover moleskine journal and it is 5" wide by 8" tall. 

What are you doing to keep your hand in being creative?? 


6 comments:

  1. You're doin' it! How great is that. Thanks for the dimensions ... love mole skins. Looking forward to more posts of your journal. xo Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lenna,

    Love this idea of working in the journal every day! Beautiful process photos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love seeing how you do your pages step by step. I starting to get a little more comfortable doing scrapbooking backgrounds, and I don;'t have gesso yet, but do have some very water tempera watercolor paint that might work to add some color. I have also found myself being more creative and experimental since starting the journal challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really enjoying following your daily sketchbook journey, Lenna. This one is particularly lovely and it's wonderful to be able to see and read how you arrived at your destination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great page. I'm so glad you confessed to spending more than 10 mintes on these journal pages, I was starting to feel real s-l-o-w!!

    How do I keep my hand in creativity? I overcommit myself to swaps!! I have everything in a queue in my head, with ideas whizzing round until it is their turn to be made. So even if I'm not physically working on it (like in the supermarket or at work), it's all going on in my head.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lenna,
    The white ink looks wonderful here, so soft- --thankyou for taking the time to show in photoes- that`s so great,- I love this playful, spread,too.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...