Wednesday, May 11, 2011

last skinny page for now


I have been working with a group of very talented women for over a year, creating skinny pages (4"x8") for each of them, monthly. We base what we create on whatever theme the person we are creating for has chosen. I have one more skinny page coming my way, and then I will create a page on my theme of "love" and bind all of the pages together somehow. I will share it here when I do!

I just finished creating my last skinny page for the group, and this one is for Trudi Sissons. Her theme was "Artist's Choice" and some of her favorite things are: vintage images, quotes, postage stamps, clocks, birds, butterflies, whimsy . .. . I also knew she was a fan of Deviant Scrap and I had just downloaded some free items from them courtesy of Stampington. Above, you can see the front of the skinny page. The base of it is a fabric upholstery piece given to me by a new friend who owns an upholstery store! On top of it I have sewn on a piece of antique parchment card stock printed with an image I had saved to my computer (origin unknown). I added an appropriate quote from ARTchix Studio by gluing it on and also a butterfly printed on to card stock. The back is shown below . . .


I started creating the back of the skinny page with a couple of images from Deviant Scrap. I put them together in Photoshop elements, see below.

Then I printed out that digital collage onto a piece of cotton fabric and started sewing . . .


I used the cap of  a re-inker to create more circles, mimicking the digital design. 


I added splatters of perfect Pearls Mist in Turquoise . . . 

and sandwiched it together with the front. A piece of Pellon interfacing was stuck in-between. It is quite thick and adds to the stiffness of the page.

This skinny page is already on it's way to Trudi in Canada! Even though this exchange is wrapping up, the good news is most of the group will be exchanging 4"x4" pages starting in June and continuing for an entire year! Hooray, more creative activities to keep me busy and happy!  ; ^ )  lenna 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this skinny page is wonderful and 'strangely beautiful'!

    I love everything that went into this, and the quote is brilliant.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely stunning Lenna! and .. finished on both sides .. great for binding. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenna, this is beautiful work. The side with the gorgeous red fabric and vintage image has such an elegant, yet funky, antique look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray Hurray for me Yes!! I'd forgotten that there was another one coming Lenna! I totally agree with Karen about how that combo of silky deep red fabric, the image and the words - are really funky - very very creative! And the way you constructed the back - I love all of the in progress photos! Thanks so much Lenna!

    xox
    t

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...