Thursday, May 26, 2011

it's a start

I could not make time for my art journal yesterday and barely did today, but I did! I just started . . . only worked for maybe 15 minutes, but I am happy with what I did and look forward to returning to it tomorrow. I grabbed some paper that my friend Joy brought me when she came to visit last week and glued that on one side . . .
I added brown water color crayons around the edges.

For the other side, I re-used the wrapping Jewels Oman decorated
when she sent me her little books for the current swap! 
Again, I edged the page with watercolor crayon -above you see it, un-activated.
Jewels originally did mail art on brown paper and wrapped her box with it.
I saved the paper and thought it would be a great addition to my journal.
Thanks, Jewels!

We shall see what comes next, tomorrow! 
I always love having a page started to return to. 

If you have ever thought about joining one of my creative swaps, I have a poll up on the blog, http://creativeswaps.blogspot.com/
for you to vote for a variety of swap ideas. Let me know your preferences!
That would be great. ; ^ ) lenna


6 comments:

  1. Way to go Lenna! You have begun .. and there is always .. today. Donnaan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lenna I love those pages, and the very brow ones from Jewels, are beautiful- I will be back to see what comes next--I`m glad you are one of them I can still comment to :)
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenna can you hear me yelling down the coastline! I LOVE it - I'm honoured to be in your journal.By the way, I was not the one who adhered the stamps - the Postie did it (and you know what they say about Postal Workers, so I was not about to argue with her)- but the randomness looks great LOL...can't wait to see what your final pages look like (p.s. do you ever get sleep or do you have a permanent cot in your studio...?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lenna, I haven't been here in awhile and I love what you are doing with your art journal. It's gorgeous. What a cool thing to find the gold stars in the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jewels, your comment was the first email I opened this morning -so much fun! I am so glad you are thrilled where your postal art landed. I LOVE the way the postage stamps are arranged, you have someone looking out for you. They did not want to cover up your art : )
    Yes, I do really sleep! Usually from midnight to 8am!!! This is my job right now so I create a lot. I am going to take this job, not shove it, and enjoy it while I've got it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant, I love love love how you've used some of Jewels' paper. You are so inspiring, Lenna!

    Have a great day.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...