Monday, May 30, 2011

art journal May 29/30


Above is a close up of one of my journal pages I worked on the past couple of days. I got the idea to use tissue paper as a base or background, after using some tissue paper in my journal the day before. So . . . I pulled out a bunch:
and got started . . .

I worked quickly, covering the page. 

Then I spritzed on some watered down paint,
and on top of that, I sprinkled pigment powders.

These particular powders do not have a binder in them 
so I sprayed them with a matte sealer to help set it.

I sprayed on more watery paint . . . I like to layer, can you tell??!

I added a quote, some shells and a feather . . .

And it ended up looking like this, below. One of my favorites (Steven's too).

I love this bird Joy and I were watching last week -miss you, Joy!
I'm also finding out that I love working in an art journal.
Thanks for coming along with me . . . there are even more photos here!
; ^ ) lenna
see the Art Journal Every Day button in the blog sidebar near the top, 
to learn more about this project . . .

7 comments:

  1. Love the page, Lenna! You have some really awesome tissue paper there. We just have it in plain - but I agree that it makes for an interesting background, creating lots of texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful, Lenna- and I love how it with the shells went from a flower garden, to a wonderful beach.
    Hugs from me.
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, Lenna. I'm joining you and Steven in nominating it as one of my favourites too. And I loved seeing how it came to be! Your Art Journal project has proved very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lenna....I love the shells, and would like to use them on journal pages. BUT are they not just a bit too bulky and chunky for a journal page? When the journal is closed, and pages rub against each other,(or the weight of adjoining pages push against them) I'd expect the shells to fall off. Any tips on how you are handling that challenge????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your comments! Sharon, for you and others who are wondering: Yes, the shells on the page are a little bulky. But my pages are already "bulked up" so I am not worrying too much. This is the second thime I have added shells and this time because I added more, I gave them a little coating of gel medium over the top. That has really helped to keep them secure.
    I will take a photo when I work in my journal next so you can see how bulked up the pages are. The moleskine journal I am using has a built in elastic to hold the pages closed and it is in place. The outsde edges of the pages are much wider than the spine, but that is okay with me! ; ^ ) lenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. This page is cool !!
    Love to seeing all these texture.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...