Here's a photo diary, a how to: First gathered paper strips:
I prepared the journal page by spreading Yes glue on with a discarded plastic card.
The papers are left long while gluing . . .
Then trimmed to fit the page.
Adding the Distress Stains to the page, I also misted it with water to blend.
After it dried, it looked more like this:
I used Peeled paint and Weathered Wood Distress Stains.
A close up
I used lots of vintage papers, a patterned paper napkin and some scrapbook and marbled paper. This is just the beginning . . . tomorrow I will add something(s)!
p.s. I wrote 2 posts earlier today: Amazing mail art from Kent, UK