Wednesday, May 4, 2011

*art journal every day* May 4, 2011

On May 1st, I read about Julie Balzer's Art Journal Every Day. It sounded like a great idea to me so I jumped right in. I am going to shoot for working in an art journal a little bit every day for the month of May. So far, I am spending more than 10 mins or even 20 minutes . . .  I think today I spent about 45, and the other days probably more time! While I like really doing this, I am going to try to make myself cut back on the amount of time I am spending just so I can keep up! We'll see how that goes . . .
The finished spread:

I tried to be simpler today and use different things than the past few days. 
I started by spraying walnut ink and  Perfect Pearls Mists in 2 colours to create a background. 

I added my favorite Magenta stamp repeatedly around the edges with wet ink so I could sprinkle on embossing powder and emboss it. I do not have much of a plan, I am just looking for things to try.

 Below, the lines of the mesh stamp have been embossed with an embossing powder that sparkles.


On the left I added a quote that was one of my LennaLines quote stamps (2000-2003).
The dark black film was part of how the original stamps were made -click for detail.

The "violet scheme" is a Glidden paint card!
Another quote was added.

Reading about Julie's circle stamps had me thinking of circles . . . so I traced around some from rolls of masking tape in different sizes. I had paper flowers in a tube on my desk that my friend Frieda had remarked about when she saw a photo . . .   having her comment on my mind made me open the package up and see what I could do with them!
I added micro beads to the centers of the flowers  . . . 

and painted inside the circles using a brush with the Perfect Pearls mists!


Thanks very much for your visits and comments! 

lenna 


6 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic as always, and I always appreciate your sharing of techniques!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spread is great! I need to get back at my art journal...but I spent the night painting so I still say it counts*L*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tis is superb, Lenna! I love the mesh stamp - it looks great how you've embossed it. Great idea. I should 'try' more without a plan, I tend to always have to have a plan in mind which can be restricting. The bubbles/circles are GREAT, I love how you've done them.

    There is so much creativity going on here - you are clearly really enjoying yourself.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah .. another day. Perhaps you don't have to speed it up tooo much .. .simply enjoy? Looks like fun to me. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lenna, I love watching all you are trying in this every day project-and getting inspired,too :)
    this spread is great looking with the embossing and the wonderful quotes-white on black-
    XOXO-Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of your journal! I am sure that you will have lots of fun with it!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...